Upgrade Acer Aspire E5-576g memory ram

Trunks009
Trunks009 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi,I would like to know if I can upgrade my ram capacity from 8gb to 16 gb (or 32 gb if possible). If I can make this upgrade, which memory ram are compatible with my Acer Aspire E5-576g and how many slots does my laptop have to make this upgrade?

Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You have two dimm slots which can support up to two 8GB sodimms for a total of 16GB RAM. Please post a screenshot of Task Manager Performance tab Memory section so we can recommend which speed and RAM type you need.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Trunks009 said:
    Hi,I would like to know if I can upgrade my ram capacity from 8gb to 16 gb (or 32 gb if possible). If I can make this upgrade, which memory ram are compatible with my Acer Aspire E5-576g and how many slots does my laptop have to make this upgrade?

Thanks in advance. 

Your memory and size is the following: Memory size DDR3L 1600 MHz, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 2133 MHz, 2400 MHz, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB. Supports maximum memory size 32 GB into the 2x DIMM sockets, make sure that both sockets have the same capacity and speed RAM modules for ultimate dual channel performance and workability. You can also use the Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the RAM and SSD drive upgrades for your laptop.

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You have two dimm slots which can support up to two 8GB sodimms for a total of 16GB RAM. Please post a screenshot of Task Manager Performance tab Memory section so we can recommend which speed and RAM type you need.

Jack E/NJ

• Trunks009
    Trunks009 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Hey thanks for your support, here I post the screenshot. My interest for this upgrade is for better videogame performance especially. 

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Trunks009 said:

Thanks in advance. 

Your memory and size is the following: Memory size DDR3L 1600 MHz, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 2133 MHz, 2400 MHz, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB and 16 GB. Supports maximum memory size 32 GB into the 2x DIMM sockets, make sure that both sockets have the same capacity and speed RAM modules for ultimate dual channel performance and workability. You can also use the Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the RAM and SSD drive upgrades for your laptop.

• JackE
    >>> My interest for this upgrade is for better videogame performance especially.>>>

Sorry, more RAM won't necessarily improve video performance since it would have little or no effect on the discrete GPU's own built-in VRAM. More RAM would only slightly affect the performance of the integrated GPU. Since most games use the discrete GPU and its own VRAM, integrated GPU performance isn't relevant in this case.

Jack E/NJ