Nitro VG280 Object flickering?

Options
Lobby13
Lobby13 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Monitors
I’ve just purchased a Nitro VG280 and unfortunately have found that the HDR is pretty poor with the PS5 and I’ve resorted to switching it off altogether however a bigger concern I have is flickering. I noticed yesterday that a grey object on one of my games is flicking quite violently as I move the character. I have taken a screenshot from the video to see if anybody could help? I appreciate the screenshot doesn’t show the full issue but I am unable to attach video. Thank you.

I’ll just add that I bought this monitor for my office/gaming setup and didn’t want to spend much until I can afford a 4k 120hz but I still expected better than this, as it seems more a fault?! 

Thanks I’m advance 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    Lobby13

I am really sorry for the inconvenience..      I understand that you purchased a Nitro VG280 and unfortunately have found that the HDR is pretty poor with the PS5.    I understand the monitor is flickering.. 

First we have to narrow down the issue..     Did you try to connect this monitor to a Desktop tower or Laptop.    Are you facing the same issue with a Desktop or Laptop computer.     Did you tried to use a different monitor or cable with the PS5.     Is the cable between the monitor and PS5 is really connected properly.   Did you tried to use an alternative cable and checked it.  

Normally new monitor will work for a long time.    Please try to connnect this monitor to a laptop or Desktop and check whether it is flickering.    We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue or cable issue.  

Try these basic steps..

Remove all the cables from monitor.   Press and hold the power button of monitor for 1 min.    Connect all the cables back.  Try to turn on the monitor.   Connect the monitor to computer and check.  If the cable is non removable please don't try to remove it. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

On the monitor – use the control buttons.   There will be an option to reset monitor settings to default.    Try to reset the monitor and check.  

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

If your monitor is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★