New SSD Nitro5

Epic2198
Epic2198 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello all,
I have just bought a new acer fa100 PCle Gen3 x4 M.2 1TB SSD for my Acer Nitro5 laptop. I put this in the empty slot and it was working fine for the first 30 minutes that I was using it and when I was formatting it. It showed up on the BIOS screen and everything. After that 30 minute mark there was a blue screen telling me that my computer was going into recovery mode and it would restart for me. I have this picture of it.
Please, if you could tell me if I have the wrong SSD or what kind of trouble shooting I need to do that would be amazing.
Thank you

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• batmalin
    batmalin Member Posts: 4,231 Guru
    Please click "Yes" if I have answered your question.
    Userbench: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/31177158

• Epic2198
    batmalin said:
    I tried this and it still just now went down on me. It will show up for a while on my storage devices and then after crash will disappear. Do I need to upload windows on it?
  • Epic2198
    Should I take it back out and clean everything? It does not seems like there is a loose connection or that it is not in right. I think it has something to do with the computer.
    Everything is up to date. I am still getting use to some of the new stuff on windows 11 as well. Everything seems to be tutorials in windows 10.
  • koalaman
    koalaman Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same exact thing is happening to me
  • kalidurga
    kalidurga Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

1 tb in just one ssd? weird. my nitro 5 can only take up to 512gb each slot. :#
  • Hobba
    Hobba Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same issue in a gigabyte G5 KC after installing a fa100 2TB model.
    Running Windows 11 home, otherwise standard Gigabyte G5 KC specs.

I find the watchdog violation happens when the system isnt being used, but can play on it for hours to walk away for 30 min to come back to the drive missing after it crashed and reboots
  • MubKid
    MubKid Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hobba said:
    Same issue in a gigabyte G5 KC after installing a fa100 2TB model.
    Running Windows 11 home, otherwise standard Gigabyte G5 KC specs.

I find the watchdog violation happens when the system isnt being used, but can play on it for hours to walk away for 30 min to come back to the drive missing after it crashed and reboots
    I’ve been having this same issue for about 1-2 months, and still haven’t fixed it. I tried directly installing windows 11 onto it to see if that would help (I have windows 11 on the main ssd), but windows said it couldn’t install properly and bailed.