Windows security late loading when TPM is turned on Nitro 5 AN515-44

SunSetTRSunSetTR Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
edited January 16 in Nitro and Aspire Gaming
I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-44 gaming pc. Windows security is loaded late when the computer is first turned on. It only happens on first boot. Windows security does not turn on late when the TPM is turned off. I get the solution by turning off fast startup from Windows or turning off the TPM. How can I solve this problem?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• LeostatLeostat ACE Posts: 2,299 Pathfinder
    When you say late loading is it failing to load or just being a bit slow?
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
  • SunSetTRSunSetTR Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    edited January 15
    Leostat said:
    When you say late loading is it failing to load or just being a bit slow?
    It loads a little slow. 

It loads faster after restarting the computer.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PYh0MiJaLnFRwEAxoSIeALS_4Dxb6uGV/view?usp=sharing
    @Leostatwhat could be the problem?
    I dont think there is one :)! It looks like its just enunerating the chip, and the reason its laoding faster when you reboot is the chip is already initalised kind if like if you have bitlocker and update / restart you dont need to re-enter the key as the module is primed to just provide the unlock key stright away

There isnt much you can do to speed up the bit! Its already "on" else windows wouldnt boot, its just the centre being a tad slow tis all, shouldnt effect anything else really
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
    Yorumunuzu yazınLeostat said:
    I dont think there is one :)! It looks like its just enunerating the chip, and the reason its laoding faster when you reboot is the chip is already initalised kind if like if you have bitlocker and update / restart you dont need to re-enter the key as the module is primed to just provide the unlock key stright away

There isnt much you can do to speed up the bit! Its already "on" else windows wouldnt boot, its just the centre being a tad slow tis all, shouldnt effect anything else really
    Do you mean instant unlock screen? I do not understand you. Will it fix when I create a password or something? This is not the case with my friend who has the same computer.
    I guess the other way of looking at it , is what doesn't work while that gui option isn't showing?

For the computer to boot it needs to ask the TPM to validate soemthing called secure boot, without it windows wouldn't load up and you wouldn't even get to the login screen ! 

If you turn a TPM off through the bios, it just doesn't do verification of the boot process, so it is a bit quicker. How have you been disabling the TPM? I didnt think it was user toggelable on the nitro series!