How's your A315's battery life? Acer aspire A315-23-R98B short battery life

Mark_E
Mark_E Member Posts: 3 New User
Bought a new Acer aspire A315-23-R98B last week. The advert on Argos says 8 to 9 hours battery life. My old Acer Aspire 5738Z had a really good battery life when I first bought it in 2009, but this replacement is struggling to last 4 hours. All I'm using it for is basic internet (Facebook and emails) and word document editing, so no heavy video or gaming use.

So wondering how the battery on other people's new laptops are performing ?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Advertised hrs are standby doing nothing. Your old Aspire battery was nearly 60 wh capacity. Your new A3  is less than 40wh. So sounds like the battery's doing pretty good so far for all that you're doing. :)

Jack E/NJ

• Mark_E
    Shame it doesn't say on the Quick start guide that you should fully charge the battery before first turning it on.

From the downloaded handbook

• JackE
    >>>Shame it doesn't say on the Quick start guide that you should fully charge the battery before first turning it on.>>>

Well, now, it wouldn't be a very quick start if you waited for the battery to fully charge before turning it on. Would it? :) As long as it's plugged in, it'll just take a bit longer to fully charge up if it's turned on. No problem.

Jack E/NJ

• Mark_E
    JackE said:
    >>>Shame it doesn't say on the Quick start guide that you should fully charge the battery before first turning it on.>>>

Well, now, it wouldn't be a very quick start if you waited for the battery to fully charge before turning it on. Would it? :) As long as it's plugged in, it'll just take a bit longer to fully charge up if it's turned on. No problem.

I think you missed the word Guide in my response.
    The full instructions tell you to train the battery by fully charging and then letting it run flat until you get the low battery message - and do that twice to train the battery.
  • JackE
    Don't worry about it. It's fine. :)

Jack E/NJ