Acer switch 10 SW5-012 can’t select uefi file as trusted, and change uefi to legacy

GreedieGreedie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 16 in Switch Series
I found my old acer switch 10 SW5-012, and I want to install windows 8.1, or Linux mint, but in bios menu I don’t have options to set uefi file as trusted, and also can’t change uefi to legacy, what I should to do? There are already installed 8.1, but I don’t know password, I selected a supervisor password and user password, but don’t have many options in security. also, in boot mode, laptop doesn’t see usb drive, there a Linux mint 32bit, please can you help with select best system, which will work and help with problems? Please, thank you.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• GreedieGreedie Member Posts: 3 New User
    Like this, also I use usb to micro-usb adapter, to load from usb drive 
  • LeostatLeostat ACE Posts: 2,299 Pathfinder
    How are you creating the USB drive / what options are you using to burn it? it should just work off the bat
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
  • GreedieGreedie Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 15
    Leostat said:
    How are you creating the USB drive / what options are you using to burn it? it should just work off the bat
    I am using rufus, and Os was downloaded from official site.
    But I pressed restart+shift and with windows menu reset password.
  • LeostatLeostat ACE Posts: 2,299 Pathfinder
    What options within rufus :)?
    If you found the comment helpful hit the like button, If the answer solves your Q, hit the yes button on the bottom of the post!  I'm a UK based techi, so apologies if my help links are for the UK region site! 

Want to know if your PC supports Windows 11? Check out the offical Health Check tool :Dhttps://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 21,333 Trailblazer
    You really don't want Legacy mode for either Windows 8 or Ubuntu. Disable Secure Boot and you won't have to set the EFI file as trusted for the install.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.