SF114-32 Starting use of my Acer 1 laptop

nervousbeginner
nervousbeginner Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hi! I ordered my Acer Swift computer via Amazon about a year and a half ago. I think the purchase of this SF114-32-P2PK device was through a re-seller. What arrived was simply the folding metal unit. I'm pretty sure I received no auxiliary parts such as a charger, and certainly no written instructions. I tried to figure out how to proceed shortly after receiving the device; but I gave up. Understand that I am a total novice in regard to owning a computer; I have only used library computers, office computers at work, and internet on my android phone.
Ok, I have recently gotten more serious about wanting to use the Acer unit I had purchased
 I found on the internet the manual for Acer SF114-32 devices. However, I am stopped in my tracks by the following: on page 5 it is stated that "we have prepared" a Startup Guide and a Quick Guide to get the user started--but I have no idea how to access these documents! (I tried clicking on the bolded words "Startup Guide" and "Quick Guide"--nada). Should these Guides have been in the box along with my laptop? In any case, how do I gain access to these Guides? And don't I need a charger, and how do I get one? Answers to these questions will, I hope, get me started. Thanks in advance!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    First we should verify the model number. Was the SF114-32 number something you got off the laptop itself? That is a number for a Swift 1, but there have been many, many different models. The SF114-32 models are from 2018... The power supply for that model is a 45W 19V unit with (IIRC) a 3.0x1.1x7.0mm barrel connector, center positive. They are readily available, but watch for ones that have a 1.35mm inside diameter. Those won't make good contact with the center electrode and will have to be wiggled in order to get good charging. The setup and quick start guides are on the support site. Choose your model then look under documents for those and the user guide.
    I'm guessing you got a refurbished unit from someone who wasn't an authorized reseller, or else they would have included the needed parts. You likely wouldn't have gotten paper copies of all the manuals, but you should have gotten at least the quick start. Start by verifying your model number, then get a charger, venues like Amazon and eBay are good sources. Once the charger is in plug it in and try charging the laptop until the battery is full, the status light should change from amber to blue. Then open it up and turn it on. It should step you through the process of setting up Windows. If it doesn't let us know what it does instead...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.