Aspire 7 (A715-42G DUAL CHANNEL RAM PROBLEM !

peterteo0164peterteo0164 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi everyone,
I bought an Aspire 7 (A715-42G) 6 months ago. Now I want to upgrade my RAM from 8gb to 16gb (2x8gb 3200Mhz) dual channel but an issue happened:
When I use dual channel RAM my laptop won't boot first time, screen doesn't show anything; keyboard, mouse doesn't work. I have to hold the power button (3-4 seconds) to turn off and turn on again, then laptop bootup normally and works fine.
Everytime I shutdown the laptop, I have to do that again.
If I use 1 stick laptop bootup normally on first time (I have check 2 RAMs and 2 slots, they are fine).
I have loaded BIOS default setting but it's not working. What should I do ? (Sorry for my bad English).

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500U
GPU1: AMD Radeon Graphics
GPU2: NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1650 4GB GDDR6
SSD: 256GB

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

FAQ & Answers

• AnhEZ28AnhEZ28 Member Posts: 1,121 High-End Contributor
    @peterteo0164 you can try to update the BIOS to see if the no booting issue is fixed.
  • peterteo0164peterteo0164 Member Posts: 4 New User
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @peterteo0164 you can try to update the BIOS to see if the no booting issue is fixed.
    My BIOS now is v1.08 newest from Acer Driver Site.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 21,697 Trailblazer
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button to set it to default values, then press F10 to save &exit and see whether it fixes the problem.
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Hi,
    Go to BIOS screen and move to Main tab, press F9 button to set it to default values, then press F10 to save &exit and see whether it fixes the problem.
    I have loaded default settings several times before but it didn't work.
  • brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 21,697 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    Give this a try, remove the memory modules and blow out to clean the pins of any dust, there may be minute dust stuck in between the pins.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 81,661 Trailblazer
    go to power options and disable fast startup!
    How to disable Fast Startup on Windows 10  Genymotion
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    AnhEZ28 said:
    Hi,
    I have loaded default settings 5-6 times before but it didn't work.