Acer Predator XB214H - Connected PS3 Slim via HDMI but need sound to work from PC Speakers. How?

Jamie2k
Jamie2k Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Predator Monitors
Hi this is my first post on here, hope everyone is doing well. Anyway, I have a problem. The sound on the XB214H is not very good at all and I need decent sound whilst playing Playstation 3 Slim console. My monitor is usually connected to my PC via DisplayPort and my Logitech speakers too but I don't know how or what peripherals to use to get sound to my PS3 without it coming from my monitor. Obviously, my monitor will be connected to my PS3 Slim when in use via HDMI. Any help is greatly appreciated. I can't stress that enough. I have been trying to figure this out for TWO YEARS. Thank you! 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Does your PS3 model have an optical digital cable port? If so you need to put some speakers on that. I don't think it has a headphone port so you can't put the typical speakers on.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jamie2k
    Jamie2k Member Posts: 2 New User
    Yes it does have a digital optical cable port. My speakers are powered via a power lead into the mains and there is an RCA audio cable coming out of one of the speakers connecting to my PC. So do I need an adapter and if so which one? Thanks for your help
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    So to convert digital audio to RCA jacks you need a converter box, like this one. Note that was just first up in the search, I haven't tested it myself.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.