swift 5 bottom case issue

Georgetan
Georgetan Member Posts: 2 New User
anyone face the same issue with me? it look like production defect. 

Answers

• Is your laptop under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    That appears to be heat-related damage due to the warpage around the airvent. Maybe air vents were blocked or laptop sat on a hot surface?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It might have been environmental, some sort of solvent instead of heat.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,273 Community Administrator
    Hello @Georgetan

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with your notebook. We recommend the contact with you local support for further assistance, please select your country in this link https://www.acer.com/worldwide/.  

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 
  • BINODKALATHIL
    BINODKALATHIL Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@Georgetan I have the exact problem. It is indeed the quality of the material that is the problem. I am using the machine scarcely and is locked inside a laptop sleeve most of the time. Over the period of 2 years the back metal is corroding and now this item is out of production. :(

Did you get this resolved @Georgetan?

• @BINODKALATHIL You can send a photo?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    You can typically get support from Acer for that issue...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • BINODKALATHIL

Tinkerer

@egydiocoelho It looks exactly same as the picture in the first post above :(
  • BINODKALATHIL

Tinkerer

@billsey I contacted authorised service centre near and they told that this is our of production and replacement is not available
  • billsey
    Yes, warranties are different in different locales, so different service centers will give different answers. I expect with enough effort on your part, working with Acer support rather than directly with a repair depot, you can get them to authorize a repair. As they told you though it might take a while for the part to be available.
  • BINODKALATHIL

Tinkerer

Alright. It has been 4 months now and Acer is still "working on the case".

It is one of the most premium laptops they have and it's only 2+ years after the purchase the corrosion started the appear even though I was keeping it in my laptop sleeve all the time and not exposed to environmental factors and the spare is not available and they still boast of the same product as:

Here is my version of the defect:

@Georgetan How did you handle this? Can you please help ?

• Syaz1Radz1
    Syaz1Radz1 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

So did you get any solution? Cause im experiencing the same thing. And they as for a repair of the surface. But wouldnt the problem arise again? Cause its the same material?

• BINODKALATHIL

Tinkerer

Bro, the metal is substandard and should never be used as laptop covers but they are using that for their premium laptops and not giving support.

I am not sure what repair they are telling but this metal needs to be covered completely to be isolated from the atmosphere for the corrosion to stop. You must try that - what else can we do? I am not given any option by the support and I am fed up.

• BINODKALATHIL

Tinkerer

After close to one year of trying, checking, researching and all, I got a replacement from one of the local dealers.

• JP_tin
    JP_tin Member Posts: 1 New User

@BINODKALATHIL do you have a link of here where you got your replacement?

• Alejandro_AC
    Alejandro_AC ACE Posts: 11,244 Trailblazer

Hi @JP_tin since this thread is old, waiting for answers, have you tried contacting Acer directly?

https://www.acer.com/us-en/languages

All the best.

UTC+2

Please click "Like" if my answer was helpful or mark it as a solution if it was resolved, thanks!

I use Google Translate for English, German, Portuguese and French.

Pro bono, I don't work or speak in the name of Acer

Por favor, haga clic en "Me gusta" si mi respuesta fue útil o márquela como solución si fué resuelta, gracias!

Pro bono, no trabajo ni hablo en nombre de Acer

MSFT MVP (2003-21) & Windows Insider

X (Twitter)