Is there a way to clean the fans with out taking the whole thing off? Nitro 5 AN517-51

Dundun
Dundun Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I want to clean all the dust out from the fans, but it seems theres no way to get into the fans case.

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    @Dundun there is no way to take out the fans without taking the heatsink off. You can use compressed air or blower to clear the vent out. For the fan, you can use a brush and place the laptop in the normal position so that the dust can fall out easily.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Dundun

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @Dundun there is no way to take out the fans without taking the heatsink off. You can use compressed air or blower to clear the vent out. For the fan, you can use a brush and place the laptop in the normal position so that the dust can fall out easily.
    so basically i have to buy new thermal paste and re-paste just to get access to the fans entirely?
  • AnhEZ28
    @Dundun yes, if you want do some deeper cleaning, you will have to buy a thermal paste.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Dundun

Tinkerer

AnhEZ28 said:
    @Dundun yes, if you want do some deeper cleaning, you will have to buy a thermal paste.
    Thank you, also is there a way to replace just one fan? From everything i have read my cpu fans bearing is shot.
  • AnhEZ28
    @Dundun yes the CPU fan can be replaced by unscrewing 4 Philips head screws. You can still try to fix that fan by pulling the fan blade off, clean the inside, and add the motor or fan oil into that bearing.