Help, what kind of m.2 ssd that is compatible with my acer Aspire E5-476G?

Edmar0205
Edmar0205 Member Posts: 2 New User
I'm confused it has only 4 pins

Best Answer

• Nylson_Alves
    Nylson_Alves Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Hello there! Let me try and help you.
    Apparently your laptop supports both M.2 SATA III SSD's and M.2 NVMe SSD's.
    Bear in mind that it's not worth it buying a SATA III M.2 SSD as the speed is much lower than the worst NVMe SSD you could buy nowadays.
    Now it's a question of going with your budget and checking out if you want a DRAMless NVMe SSD (I wouldn't recommend this if you're planning on running windows/Linux on this SSD) or DRAM cached SSD which boosts performance and lasting time (measured in TBW - Terabytes Written).

It's worth updating your BIOS if you hadn't done that already.

I hope I have answered your question. 

Answers

• Nylson_Alves
    Nylson_Alves Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2022 Answer ✓
    Bear in mind that it's not worth it buying a SATA III M.2 SSD as the speed is much lower than the worst NVMe SSD you could buy nowadays.
    Now it's a question of going with your budget and checking out if you want a DRAMless NVMe SSD (I wouldn't recommend this if you're planning on running windows/Linux on this SSD) or DRAM cached SSD which boosts performance and lasting time (measured in TBW - Terabytes Written).

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,833 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    I recommend the Western Digital Blue series NVME card for this laptop. The 1TB capacity is about the best deal going right now. Some mainboards have 4pins on the right side, some have 5pins. With 4pins, the Western Digital NVME should operate as fast as your mainboard bus allows.

Jack E/NJ

• Edmar0205
    Edmar0205 Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank youuu you answered my question❤