ACER 272hl monitor can not display anything outside of native windows.

Options
JOHN90056J
JOHN90056J Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Monitors
I had a acer 272hl I got it back in 2016 it was a good monitor for the price.  I got a new AMD. razen 5 pc at microcenter and got  home and  it booted up fine into windows 10. I wanted to check the bios settings I pushed the key and the monitor went black with message input not supported.  I tried multiple times still no go first I thought it was  the computer but I hooked it up to my tv and got into the bios just fine.  I hooked up another monitor and it worked just fine it was another brand, after doing more testing I saw that it wasn't just the bios screen that was doing it I couldn't use windows command prompt or my disk image software that boots into a unix gui they all caused my monitor to give me the input not supported message.  I went back to microcenter explained the issue to three different service tech reps. they all said they have never heard of a issue like that before.  Well I need a working monitor so I just got a new monitor when I told  the sells rep my problem he said he has heard of a similar issue one other time the customer had a acer monitor, and the first thang he does is show me a acer monitor.  I will never buy another acer monitor again!

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yep, that happens with some BIOS versions on some motherboards. They display the BIOS screen in 640x480 or 800x600 mode, and that's too low for the monitor to display... :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.