Nitro AN517-54 Battery and keyboard problem

Idoh
Idoh Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Windows 11
I have a brand new (less than a month) Nitro AN517-54 Windows 11, and I am using my laptops almost exclusively for studying (i.e., word and browsing)
and I have two problems that are making my life difficult- 

1. battery life is horrible, 2 hours max even when using power save mode (and I'm not gaming its just everyday use)

2. the second one is a new phenomenon whereby my c key is constantly pressed. Like I could type in something, not even pressing the key and all of a sudden I'll get a "ccccccccc" and it won't stop.
Now I have checked, and I believe this is not a physical/ hardware problem I think this is a software issue, and I have no idea what I should do about it.

reading in this forum, I have learned of the "battery reset" solution and while I have no "battery reset" hole. pressing down on the esc bottom for 15 sec doesn't seem to do the trick since even after leaving it alone for 30 minutes I come back to a full battery and nothing has changed.
I have tried the "update or uninstall windows battery drivers", didn't work either.

I am pretty frustrated given this is a brand new laptop and has cost me a small fortune and would much appreciate your help.

Thank you very much in advance. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Hi!
    1) About the battery, the duration depends on several factors, such as:
    a) display brightness: decrease the display brightness;
    b) wireless network card and bluetooth: enable airplane mode;
    c) power saving and battery saving: put the power plan into economizer mode and enable battery saving;
    d) battery wear: check the battery wear with the hwinfo64 program;

2) About the keyboard:
    a) check if the problem occurs by testing with an external usb keyboard;
    b) uninstall the keyboard driver through the device manager and restart windows;
    c) check if the C key is stuck or released on the keyboard.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Idoh
    Hey thank you very much for youre advice but it hasn't fixed the problem:

I tried to uninstall the keyboard driver and its same old-same old. sometimes it not the "c" key but the  "space" key.
    and about the battery thing I think I may be misunderstood or the severity of the problem is misunderstood -
     This is a brand new, month old computer - I am working on low screen brightness doing everyday normal stuff - 2 hours of battery is Unacceptable for a BRAND NEW laptop...
    has something like that ever happened to anyone? am I gonna have to sue ACER to get my money back? someone has ever delt with them and got the help he needed?
  • Try resetting the battery: disable fast boot in the power options, turn off the computer, unplug the power adapter, press the power button for thirty seconds, and leave the computer off for half an hour.
    Then check if the problems still occur.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Idoh
    did word for word what you said and it did not solve it....
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    About the keyboard: Have you checked to see if the same problem occurs in Windows Safe Mode?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The gaming laptops are optimized for ... gaming, not for battery life by default. The keyboard issue is more problematic though. Typically that type of behavior is caused by the serial data getting out of sync and is an indication of a cabling problem. I'd go ahead and contact Acer support about it to see what they say. For the battery life, which power plans are installed on your system, and which do you have selected? Any of the 11th gen systems should be able to get a lot more than two hours.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.