I can't access the menu on an ED246Y ?

Mooda
Mooda Member Posts: 4 New User
edited June 2022 in Monitors
I have the automatic input change turned off and I can't access the menu because every time I try to press the menu button it turns off my monitor.
And yes I am using the joystick in the back but it just does not work and every time I press it turns the monitor off. 
Help please! 

{Thread was edited more content )

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    Mooda

Please unplug the joystick or any other external pheripherals connected to monitor. 

Try to do power drain test on your monitor.. 

Unplug all the cables from the monitor
    If the cable is inbuilt please don't try to remove it.  
    Hold the power button for 1 minute
    Plug all the cables back.
    Turn on the monitor and check..

If it is not working fine ..

Using the control buttons on the monitor try to reset the settings to defaults and then check..   It should work fine.. 

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    It's not supposed to turn it off unless you press it for 5 seconds...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mooda
    Thank you guys for your responses! 
    Unfortunately none of the above have worked out with me! it turns off the moment I click the joystick button.
    I tried to unplug everything and wait for a day and that also didn't work out! please help! 
    Is there a manual way to re-set all the settings?
  • Mooda
    For god's sake! I have so many exams and uni stuff! any help? 
    Why in the heck does a company does the switch button as the same as the menu one?!!!!!!!!! 
    Any way I can reset the monitor manually? 
  • Jarin45
    Jarin45 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Mooda said:
    I have the automatic input change turned off and I can't access the menu because every time I try to press the menu button it turns off my monitor.
    And yes I am using the joystick in the back but it just does not work and every time I press it turns the monitor off. 
    Help please! 
    Exact same problem would love some help!
  • JasonSouliere
    JasonSouliere Member Posts: 1 New User

Same thing here. After this design blunder I’ll never purchase another Acer anything.
    Acer - the only monitor you can BRICK by switching Auto-Select off.
    Garbage.

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,755 Pathfinder

Check the manual that is included. Pressing the joystick will turn the monitor off. Toggle switch to any direction will bring up the menu.

Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!