My Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 touchpad settings completely disappeared, touchpad not working

ImSRJ
ImSRJ Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming

my laptop is acer nitro 5 the model name is Nitro AN515-54 intel i5 and windows 10 

There's no touchpad settings anywhere on my laptop, not in device manager or anywhere else . There's a 'disable touchpad' option (fn + f7), but it doesn't work.there is no option in bios which is related to touchpad.i have intalled more than 10 drivers but it didn't worked .

USB mouse is working just fine .

Please help, thank you 

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• ImSRJ

Try fn + f6 or f6 alone  or  fn + f7 or f7 alone on keyboard to disable and enable the touchpad. 

Please look at the key f6 and f7 key on keyboard .    You can see the hand symbol with fingers .   That denotes the touchpad function key.   On some models it will be on f6 and some models it will be on f7.    So we need to use the right key depending upon the laptop model .   If fn + f7 is not working then we have to use f7 alone to make it to work.     

On some old laptop models there will be a separate button right  next to touch pad area which is below the space bar.  It is used to turn on and off the touch pad.  On some old models it will be right next to power button.   On all new models, f7 key is used to enable and disable the touch pad. 

If you would like to disable and enable the touchpad, please press and hold  fn key on the keyboard and then press f6 or f7 once.    If the touchpad is not getting disabled you can either press f6 alone or f7 alone without holding the fn key.      It is used to enable or disable the touchpad..    

After disabling and enabling the touchpad check how it is working.. 

If it is still not working 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers - Install the i/o drivers first and then install the touch pad driver 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• ImSRJ

Tinkerer

already tried everything but still facing the problem.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @ImSRJ,

While resetting through F7 is the USB mouse connected to the unit. 
  • ImSRJ

Tinkerer

no, and btw I tried in both cases. I don't know what the problem is sometimes after restarting it works and later again after a couple of minutes problem comes again. 
  • maribeau
    maribeau Member Posts: 31 Troubleshooter
    @ImSRJ hi where you able to fix this? Getting same problem with my acer aspire 5. No chance to bring to SC as I am using it at work.
  • Lord_N
    Lord_N Member Posts: 98 Fixer WiFi Icon
    @ImSRJ and

maribeau

You must install the "Intel IO Drivers" first then install the Touchpad Driver.

Hope it helps.
  • FalkirkHarry
    FalkirkHarry Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi Guys, this topic is actually very relavent to my own problems. First off, let me state that I love my Acer Nitro 5, and even like Windows 11 which I did not think I would. Now, I am not well versed in computer tech or terminology, so you will have to forgive me for any ignorant or inane comment I make here.

My laptop is working like a dream. It even out performs my desktop rig on many levels, including in some ways, gaming! However, there is one snag, which has been consistently rearing its head, and it is a major pain in the back-side! I do a lot of writing online, and I am often finding my cursor and text mysteriously starting to appear on a previous chapter that I have already written. I then have to take the time to fix that , and this will occur on numerous occassions making should be a simple e-mail or article become an endurance test. Even as I type this it has already occurred twice.the

Also, I will often finish an entire document, only to havyhe entire thing obliterated. I don't know what button I have pressed to cause this, but it is bloody frustrating!

Is it because my touchpad is active, and I am using a mouse? Please can someone help me, before I lose my sanity. Other than this, I adore this machine, so I really hope it is a simple issue that I can easily rememdy.

• ImSRJ

Tinkerer

thank you guys for your replies, but i already tried everything as you mentioned but im still on same page.

• ImSRJ

Tinkerer

i dont have any idea how its happening. this problem is weird, I never faced or heard such problem.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • RENATOB4RR0S
    RENATOB4RR0S Member Posts: 3 New User

I'm having the same problem.

I already performed all the parameters of installing the serial i/o and then the touchpad drivers. I really don't know what else to do.

I have windows 11 Acer Nitro 5 - AN515-54.

• AlanBry
    AlanBry Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have a Nitro 5 AN517-54 Win11 (purchased Sept 22) and to disable the touchpad you press and hold the Fn key and then press the F2 key. This disables/enables the touchpad.

• AutoCON
    AutoCON Member Posts: 1 New User

I have this spec but it's not still working after turning it on and off

• sdfsfsadfa
    sdfsfsadfa Member Posts: 1 New User

fn + f2 enabled touchpad for me

• Rayoayo
    Rayoayo Member Posts: 1 New User

I had the exact same issue, it's definitely driver related. It got fixed when I forced a Windows update through Settings. Try that in case you haven't, or do a fresh Windows install and then force updates through Settings.