A tiny Pixel on the monitor RG241YP.

Options
ChadIsReal
ChadIsReal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Monitors
Hey everyone, I just bought an Acer RG241YP. When I turn it on and connect my Mac to it, there's a small tiny dead pixel on the monitor. Should I return it to the retail store and ask for a replacement or is it normal? Thx.

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    ChadIsReal

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..   

Try to do power drain test on your monitor.. 

Unplug all the cables from the monitor
    If the cable is inbuilt please don't try to remove it.  
    Hold the power button for 1 minute
    Plug all the cables back.
    Turn on the monitor and check..

If it is not working fine ..

Using the control buttons on the monitor try to reset the settings to defaults and then check..   It should work fine..

If it is still not working fine ..We need to determine whether it is a issue with monitor or computer or cables.   We need to narrow down or isolate the issue.    

It might be a cable issue..

Please remove the cable between monitor and computer.     Try to connect it back and check.    If possible try to use an alternative cable and check. 

If the problem persists try to use an alternative power cable and display cable and check.    Try to bypass the surge protector and connect the monitor directly to power outlet.    Try to connect monitor on a different power outlet or surge protector and check. 

To isolate the issue, try to use the same monitor to a different computer and check  or  Try to use an alternative monitor on this computer and check.

If it is still not working fine ..

If your monitor is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Acer publishes a spec on how many dead pixels are allowed, take a look in your manual.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.