acer predator po3-600 Ram upgrade problems!

Options
MattiSvanur
MattiSvanur Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi.
I have a acer predator po3-600.

it had 2x8gb 2666 ram in it. I changed it out for 2x16gb 2666. but after 1min to 5min the computer Freezes completly.  She works fine with just one of the stick in.. but not both. and I have tried both of them in the same slot.. both of them work, but only if just one of them.

What could be the issue here ?

Answers

• MattiSvanur
    Options
    Hi.
    I have a acer predator po3-600.

it had 2x8gb 2666 ram in it. I changed it out for 2x16gb 2666. but after 1min to 5min the computer Freezes completly.  She works fine with just one of the stick in.. but not both. and I have tried both of them in the same slot.. both of them work, but only if just one of them.

What could be the issue here ?
    Okay! so my new Ram works Either as 1x16Gb or 2x16gb as single channel.. but not as dual channel... but the old 2x8gb work fine as dual channel... wtf ??

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    What ram, specifically, did you get? It might have something special in it's specs...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MattiSvanur
    Options
    billsey said:
    What ram, specifically, did you get? It might have something special in it's specs...

Silicon Power 32GB DDR4 2x16GB 2666MHz CL16 1.2V Heatsink

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options
    That is XMP memory and cannot run at the rated speeds without XMP overclocking. Likely the base speed is too slow to work well. Return it and get the right memory.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.