Acer Predator G6 Desktop flashing red light under the power button

Options
RB1stand10
RB1stand10 Member Posts: 2 New User
It looks like there are a few threads for this problem  I do not see any solutions that have worked for this problem.   My Predator G6 desktop has a flashing light under the power button.  It actually looks like the whole panel where the button is attached if flashing (u-shaped panel).  I've tried unplugging, tried to turn off the power switch next to the power cord input, tried holding the power button for 30 seconds after unplugging - nothing seems to work.  I've had half a dozen computers and all except this one lasted until the operating system was no longer supported.   This one I've had for only a few years :(

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    It looks like there are a few threads for this problem  I do not see any solutions that have worked for this problem.   My Predator G6 desktop has a flashing light under the power button.  It actually looks like the whole panel where the button is attached if flashing (u-shaped panel).  I've tried unplugging, tried to turn off the power switch next to the power cord input, tried holding the power button for 30 seconds after unplugging - nothing seems to work.  I've had half a dozen computers and all except this one lasted until the operating system was no longer supported.   This one I've had for only a few years :(

Check all the front panel wiring and connections to the lights and functions, as there could be a fault there? As and if your desktop functions properly then it could be that. Below is the mobo and its connection descriptions, analyse that and make sure that all connections are properly connected and/or not damaged etc

• RB1stand10
    RB1stand10 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks.  I'll look at it tomorrow in the daylight.  Odd that the computer is off but the light keeps flashing unless I power the off switch at the back of the computer.  Thanks.  I'll let you know if it helps.