Nitro AN517-54 ssd upgrade seagate firecuda 530

Options
HAWL
HAWL Member Posts: 1 New User
looking to upgrade my ssd in my nitro 5 AN517-54 i am looking at the FireCuda 530 NVMe 4TB M.2 Internal PCIe Gen 4 x4 Solid State Drive and trying to find out if it would be compatible and whether it would recommended to go with or with the heat sink version as its only a $10 difference from best buy?  

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    HAWL said:
    looking to upgrade my ssd in my nitro 5 AN517-54 i am looking at the FireCuda 530 NVMe 4TB M.2 Internal PCIe Gen 4 x4 Solid State Drive and trying to find out if it would be compatible and whether it would recommended to go with or with the heat sink version as its only a $10 difference from best buy?  

The heat sink is not needed in a laptop, also the 4TB M.2 SSD’s full capacity will not be utilised unless you format it in GUID/GPT format, just remember that, as just installing it and formatting it in MBR/Legacy you will only be able to use 2TB capacity. You can run the "Crucial System Scanner that will give you the best and most compatible RAM and SSD drives upgrades for your laptop that Crucial make.