Missing "S" key Swift 3 SF314-42

MissingKey
MissingKey Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello

Posted in the wrong topic before so here I am again....

I have a Acer Swift 3 SF314-42 model no. N19C4. The S key on the keyboard came off. I tried to get a replacement from https://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com but they sent me the wrong colored key as well as the wrong hinge for my laptop and they haven't responded to my inquiries. Their website also doesn't appear to have an option for the color/hinge I need. 

I also tried using Acer's website to get a replacement key but it would appear the automated system wants me to send the laptop in, which I can't afford to do right now. If I just had the right parts sent to me I could replace the key myself. Anyone have any leads for me? Thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,107 Pathfinder
    @MissingKey you can key a replacement keyboard and take that S key from the new one and put it in the original keyboard. The new one you can save it later for the future replacement.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,467 Trailblazer
    Acer only sells the keyboard in it's entirety. Matching third party keys usually don't show up on the market until the system has been out a few years.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MissingKey
    Thanks for the info. After doing some digging around online, I can only find black Acer swift keyboards. Any idea where I can find a silver one to match my the rest of my laptop?
  • billsey
    Which language and does it have a backlight? What color is the case, silver also?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • MissingKey
    It's in English and has a backlight. The case is also silver
  • billsey
    OK, here are the description and part number:
    UPPER CASE ASSY SILVER/SILVER(Keyboard CHICONY SV03P_A70SWL SV3P Internal 13 Standard 83KS Silver US International Acer legend, power icon, White BL Meida V0,NK.I1313.0WN)
    6B.HSEN2.033
    So, silver keys on a silver top case, white backlight and the US/International key layout. Try searching on the 6B.HSEN2.033 part number...