Aspire 5560 Want to upgrade to windows 10 or 11 and do I need office3655

Options
Ren2000
Ren2000 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2022 in Windows 11
Hi I've owned it since new and hardly used. Windows 7 no longer working. I've always used work computers.  Is it worth upgrading this, if possible to get the latest Windows and do I need office 365? 
I really just need it to update resume and job applications then will hopefully go back to using work computers. 
Been offered a free laptop but told need office 365 per picture.
 Please be kind I just use them don't fix or the rest. If my Aspire 5560 is any good as it's like new, well.. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Ren2000 that Aspire 5560 has drivers for Windows 7 only. It still can update to Windows 10 but will be very slow because of HDD.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    I have some older laptops running Win 10 with no trouble. LibreOffice can do most anything O 365 can. An Acer $44 480GB SSD can make it seem much faster. Just remember it needs formatting.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Options
    You can upgrade to Windows 10, though if I were doing it I'd start with an upgrade for the HDD to a SSD and take the memory to the 8GB max. Those two changes along with the W10 upgrade will work nicely even on that old of a system. You cannot go to Windows 11, you have to have much newer hardware for that.
    Office 365 has nothing to do with OS requirements. Windows 10 wants you to use a Microsoft account, but again you don't need Office 365 for that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    You also do not "need" a MS Account. There is an option during install to use a local account though it is in tiny print. Also in many cases Microsoft Office can be replaced by Libre Office.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Actually, that option only appears if you are disconnected from the internet. Microsoft has been trying harder and harder to make that unavailable...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.