My Monitor Is Messing With My Phone, How Can I Fix This? - Acer Nitro XV282K KV

Options
TheProphet718
TheProphet718 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 2022 in Monitors
So I've had my monitor, the Acer Nitro XV282K KV standard, for a few months now, and I can't figure out how to get it to work with my phone. I have a Galaxy Note 10 Plus, I try charging my phone with the USB-C cable provided with the monitor through the USB-C port on the monitor, like 60W or something. It charges my phone SUPER SLOW, the wall charger I have that's like 15W at most charges a lot faster. Not only that, it automatically registers the cable as an HDMI, which reroutes my audio and video. I can switch the audio back to the phone easily, but whenever I'm screen mirroring on another screen from my phone, and then I connect the cable, it stops my stream because I "connected an HDMI", not allowing me to continue my stream unless I disconnect the cable again. I try to change the settings from my phone directly but the monitor overrides those settings, is there a setting on my monitor that can stop this from happening?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,824 Pathfinder
    Options
    @TheProphet718 does the phone let you change the protocol from video output to charge only?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • TheProphet718
    Options
    @AnhEZ28 it does but it forces itself back automatically right after
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    It's likely best to either use a power brick or your computer to charge the phone. The monitor will only provide the stock USB power output if you have USB ports on your model, not the fast charge output needed to charge quickly.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheProphet718
    Options
    billsey said:
    It's likely best to either use a power brick or your computer to charge the phone. The monitor will only provide the stock USB power output if you have USB ports on your model, not the fast charge output needed to charge quickly.
    The thing is is that the USB-C port on the monitor is supposed to be 60W, so in theory it’s suppose to supply the fastest charge, but it’s beyond just the charge I’m having other issues with it (as explained above)