TC-875-UR12 I need help knowing the technical name for the white Stat Power connectors.

BaustinJr
BaustinJr Member Posts: 3 New User
edited January 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I am trying to add another SATA SSD hard drive(internal) to my system, I can easily attach the red SATA cable, but I have no power supply. Is there a cable that is specifically configured to connect from the motherboard (white) socket and has the appropriate connector for the hard drive? My motherboard is a B46H5-AD (B460)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You can get power splitters for HDD's, you should be able to add a 2.5 inch SSD with no noticable effect by just using a Y splitter, in theory you would even be fine with dual 3.5 inch HDD's as well, but im always iffy about that (due to bad experiance in the past with a cheap one rather than its bad)
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    We actually need to know which model Acer you have, the full model number should be on the same sticker as the SN and SNID. A motherboard number doesn't tell us anything, since those aren't cross referenced anywhere. The newer motherboard designs often have a six pin connector on the MB to provide power to drives, and there is a cable connected that has one or two SATA power connectors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    OK, for the Aspire TC-875 models the cable is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001. It looks like Acer has sourced them from at least three different vendors, but specs are the same for each since they haven't used different numbers for the different vendors.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    You can get power splitters for HDD's, you should be able to add a 2.5 inch SSD with no noticable effect by just using a Y splitter, in theory you would even be fine with dual 3.5 inch HDD's as well, but im always iffy about that (due to bad experiance in the past with a cheap one rather than its bad)
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @BaustinJr

Refer to this link for part number:

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/966725#Comment_966725

Even though it is for TC-875, it is for motherboards using 12 volt only type of PSU. Should be good enough for your case.

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    We actually need to know which model Acer you have, the full model number should be on the same sticker as the SN and SNID. A motherboard number doesn't tell us anything, since those aren't cross referenced anywhere. The newer motherboard designs often have a six pin connector on the MB to provide power to drives, and there is a cable connected that has one or two SATA power connectors.
  • BaustinJr
    BaustinJr Member Posts: 3 New User
    Mod # TC-875-UR12 You are correct about the 6 pin connector. In this case it appears that there may be two of these connectors, side by side, one is used just as you explained, the other is vacant. That vacant one is the one I am trying to figure out where to get a cable with the opposing connector on one end and a 15 pin SATA connector on the other end. Excuse me, but I'm a bit of a novice at this. I have searched all over for what I thought the cable might be.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    OK, for the Aspire TC-875 models the cable is Acer part number: 50.VQED3.001. It looks like Acer has sourced them from at least three different vendors, but specs are the same for each since they haven't used different numbers for the different vendors.