Nitro an515-45HDMI Not Working- How to troubleshoot?

Options
TonyAnvil93
TonyAnvil93 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hey Guys.

So i've got an ACER NITRO 5. My HDMI port doesn't work if i plug directly into it. I have to use a USB-C connector to connect to my tv. This happened months ago, If someone wont mind on giving me a step by step guide on fixing this. Using the USB-C connector has been causing me alot of ground noise ( I do music production). 

Thanks & happy holidays 

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hey Guys.

So i've got an ACER NITRO 5. My HDMI port doesn't work if i plug directly into it. I have to use a USB-C connector to connect to my tv. This happened months ago, If someone wont mind on giving me a step by step guide on fixing this. Using the USB-C connector has been causing me alot of ground noise ( I do music production). 

Thanks & happy holidays 

Don’t know what Nitro 5 you have? But, have a look at this guide as it explains all TV connections to laptops here “3 Methods to Connect Your PC to TV” it could also be that your HDMI cable is faulty or your HDMI port is faulty, diagnose the cable by using another cable and with the port use another laptop to connect to your TV with the sameHDMI cable.

• senami
    senami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Its infuriating that gaming laptop as acer nitro an515-45 have huge issue with hdmi port. It just does not work!
    I tried to force using rtx 3050 but without results. Same goes to uninstalling completly drivers and installing them again. Whatever i did it just does not work...

Hdmi cable is completly fine, and its better quality - it supports 8k and stuff. 

So can anybody help and solve this iritating issue? My older laptop with gtx 980 somehow had completly no problems with using hdmi...
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @TonyAnvil93,

Press "Fn-F5" on the Acer's keyboard
     to activate the video port and send the image from the computer to the external display.
  • senami
    senami Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    It doesnt work
  • darkk
    darkk Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    Have you found a solution to the problem yet? If yes please tell me so i can fix the same problem too.
  • jeremy_bearimy
    jeremy_bearimy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I have a multiple monitor set up in my office that works fine with my work mac.  I've tried 4 different hdmi cables that all work on other devices, and 3 different monitors.  HDMI out does not work. Icing on the cake is that the 2 usbc-> hdmi adapters i have do not work to port video out through usb-c either. SO, i'm basically stuck with the laptop display until this is resolved.  ACER AN515-44
  • bobbolosky
    bobbolosky Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I'm having the same issue. I have a multiple monitor set up in my office that works fine with my work mac.  I've tried 4 different hdmi cables that all work on other devices, and 3 different monitors.  HDMI out does not work. Icing on the cake is that the 2 usbc-> hdmi adapters i have do not work to port video out through usb-c either. SO, i'm basically stuck with the laptop display until this is resolved.  ACER AN515-44
    Yep man I got the same issue too, I don't have the nitro 5 an 515-44 but the an515-55, but still got the same issue, I think this problem is due to one of the new windows updates,because before that update I didn't had any issues, I got them after installing the update.
    We have to wait for microsoft or acer to fix this, Also I have this issue on windows 10, I don't know if on windows 11 there is still the problem, would be nice to check.
  • redeyedprince
    redeyedprince Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Options

I think it is because HDMI uses one card and the program we are running is using the other. I forgot which one is which. and no solution yet

• fernandoFlores1961
    fernandoFlores1961 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

It DOES NOT WORK in Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 This is BS

• fernandoFlores1961

Tinkerer

edited December 2023
    Options

Looks like the HDMI on Acer NItro 5 is plain [Content Edited] and ACER folks just ignore the issue... I'm dropping this ***** into the garbage can...

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive content]

• fernandoFlores1961

Tinkerer

Options

I have Ubuntu 22.04 on a AN515-55 and I have the same problem, it just stopped working ... It is just garbage

• ragsaw
    ragsaw Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same issue from last year, the Acer support team asked me to reset the system..

• trickypat
    trickypat Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 24
    Options

Did "resetting the system" do anything?
    Also what does "reset" mean? Restart? Factory reset?

Same issue for me. Crack's me up that HDMI is specifically advertised with a sticker on the craptop laptop keyboard.

• Lipecs
    Lipecs Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

Same issue. I think Factory reset will be the solution. I tried just reseting the Windows to 0, but nothing happened

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,065 Trailblazer
    Options

If the HDMI port does not work with your monitor then you need to plug the laptop into your HDMI port of your TV and see if it works, if it doesn't then you need to inspect the HDMI port pins if they haven't come lose from the mainboard trace, which really requires a microscope and micro soldering tools, best is to take your laptop to a technician that has all these tools.

PH515-45 HDMI port, see if the port pins are not lose and not making 100% contact

If this answers your question and solved your query please "Click on Yes" or "Click on Like" if you find my answer useful👍