How do i enable tpm 2.0 in Helios 300 (Predator PH315-52)?

IAmAbhishek
IAmAbhishek Member Posts: 3 New User
I’ve read all the posts about how to enable tpm in bios for acer laptops but my security tab has no tpm option in it. I recently had my motherboard swapped too so I wonder if it has anything to do with it. Acer customer care does not want to reply about it so I am left with no option. My laptop is not too old and I think it should be able to support windows 11 without any issues.
I’ll also be attaching images of the exact options available to me in the bios menu in security and boot options. Specs and model name specified below as well.

Predator PH315-52
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/HK/content/predator-model/NH.Q54CF.016 <- link for complete specs
https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows-11-compatibility?utm_source=community&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=windows11launch <- this link lists all the models compatible for the windows 11 upgrade. My model is in the list.

please help!

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,522 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    I’ve read all the posts about how to enable tpm in bios for acer laptops but my security tab has no tpm option in it. I recently had my motherboard swapped too so I wonder if it has anything to do with it. Acer customer care does not want to reply about it so I am left with no option. My laptop is not too old and I think it should be able to support windows 11 without any issues.
    I’ll also be attaching images of the exact options available to me in the bios menu in security and boot options. Specs and model name specified below as well.

Predator PH315-52
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/HK/content/predator-model/NH.Q54CF.016 <- link for complete specs
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows-11-compatibility?utm_source=community&utm_medium=blog&utm_campaign=windows11launch <- this link lists all the models compatible for the windows 11 upgrade. My model is in the list.

please help!

Try the descriptive method below to start the TPM 2.0 Initialization Wizard and turn on the TPM or look at "How To Enable Uefi Security Boot And Tpm 2 0 On Acer" or a general guide here "How to Enable TPM 2.0 in Windows 10 PC" as you should have the TPM 2.0 inside the bios to be able toactivate it like in the guide.

1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
    2. Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
    3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
    4. The TPM Management console is displayed.
    5. In the Actions pane, click Initialize TPM. The TPM Initialization Wizard is started.
    6. Click Shutdown (or Restart), and then follow the BIOS screen prompts.
    7. After the computer restarts, but before you log on to Windows, you will be prompted to accept the reconfiguration of the TPM. This ensures that the user is physically present, and that it is not malicious software attempting to initialize the TPM.
    8. After logging on to Windows, right-click the Windows Defender icon in the notification area, point to Run blocked program, and then click TPM Initialization Wizard.
    9. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

Set ownership of the TPM

1.On the Create the TPM owner password page, click Automatically create the password (recommended).
    2. In the Save your TPM owner password dialog box, click Save the password.
    3. In the Save As dialog box, select a location to save the password, and then click Save. The password file is saved as computer_name.tpm.
    4. Click Initialize. (process may take a few minutes to complete)
    5. Click Close.

• IAmAbhishek
    IAmAbhishek Member Posts: 3 New User
    StevenGen said:

Predator PH315-52

please help!

Try the descriptive method below to start the TPM 2.0 Initialization Wizard and turn on the TPM or look at "How To Enable Uefi Security Boot And Tpm 2 0 On Acer" or a general guide here "How to Enable TPM 2.0 in Windows 10 PC" as you should have the TPM 2.0 inside the bios to be able toactivate it like in the guide.

1.Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then click Run.
    2. Type tpm.msc in the Open box, and then press ENTER.
    3. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.
    4. The TPM Management console is displayed.
    5. In the Actions pane, click Initialize TPM. The TPM Initialization Wizard is started.
    6. Click Shutdown (or Restart), and then follow the BIOS screen prompts.
    7. After the computer restarts, but before you log on to Windows, you will be prompted to accept the reconfiguration of the TPM. This ensures that the user is physically present, and that it is not malicious software attempting to initialize the TPM.
    8. After logging on to Windows, right-click the Windows Defender icon in the notification area, point to Run blocked program, and then click TPM Initialization Wizard.
    9. If the User Account Control dialog box appears, confirm that the action it displays is what you want, and then click Continue.

Set ownership of the TPM

1.On the Create the TPM owner password page, click Automatically create the password (recommended).
    2. In the Save your TPM owner password dialog box, click Save the password.
    3. In the Save As dialog box, select a location to save the password, and then click Save. The password file is saved as computer_name.tpm.
    4. Click Initialize. (process may take a few minutes to complete)
    5. Click Close.

I was following the listed steps and as it is listed in step no.5 to click initialize TPM in actions pane, there is no initialize TPM for me in actions pane.
    Also can you check your first link about "How To Enable Uefi Security Boot And Tpm 2 0 On Acer"? it leads to a cat website for me.
    Here are the available options : 

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)