dGPU not being recognised by Windows Nitro 5 AN515-55

Options
jstan220
jstan220 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hi,
Recently my discrete GPU has somewhat disconnected itself from my Nitro 5 AN515-55. After being unable to run NVIDIA control panel or geforce experience, I attempted a driver update, only for the software to be unable to detect an NVIDIA graphics card. I then attempted multiple ways of reconnecting the graphics card back to Windows, but nothing worked. I completely uninstalled the graphics driver using Display Driver Uninstaller, reset BIOS settings, reset by disconnecting the CMOS, attempted to reinstall the graphics driver, nothing has worked. In Device Manager, the graphics card doesn't show up, even with 'Show hidden devices' on, however 'Intel PCIe Controller (x16) - 1901' has a warning sign next to it, and attempting to fix this has not worked either. I fear I might need to take the whole laptop to a repair shop, but before this possibly long process, I'd like to try everything I can to try and fix it. Thank you

Specs:
CPU: Intel i5-10300H
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060
Memory: 16GB

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @jstan220 you might need to take it to a shop for hardware troubleshooting if you have done many common solutions but won't work. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    @jstan220 you might need to take it to a shop for hardware troubleshooting if you have done many common solutions but won't work. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • KasunX
    KasunX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    can i know if u already fixed this issue ? & how becuase i have same issue  :/
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    KasunX said:

Can you send a screenshot from device manager?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • KasunX
    KasunX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    KasunX said:

Acer Nitro Nitro 5 AN515-55

i5 - 10300H  / Gtx 1650

*it's resole after restarting os sometime but comes again when i using dedicated GPU ( automatically disconnecting dedicated gpu & crash full systerm & restarting)

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    KasunX said:
    KasunX said:

Acer Nitro Nitro 5 AN515-55

i5 - 10300H  / Gtx 1650

*it's resole after restarting os sometime but comes again when i using dedicated GPU ( automatically disconnecting dedicated gpu & crash full systerm & restarting)

What happens when you uninstall and delete this driver?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DOCTORCHACAL
    DOCTORCHACAL Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hi, can you please tell me if you found a solution? if so how did you solve it because I am having exactly the same problem?