No internet connection s1003

Raymond4736
Raymond4736 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

edited January 2022 in Switch Series
  Good day

I did a clean windows 10 install on my locked in repair loop s1003. I have no internet connection and when I run the troubleshoot test I get: 

Install a driver for your internet adapter
                         Windows did not detect a properly installed network adapter. If you have a network adapter you will need t reinstall the driver

I went to the download section of Acer and downloaded the wireless LAN.  I clicked on setup and there was a quick black box that disappeared before I could read what it says. Other than that nothing happened. 

I could not get the Platform drivers to work either.

I have to admit this is a learning experience but frustrating at times...hehehe

Once I get the internet working I think I can get the touch screen back I hope

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    When you opened the command prompt, did you choose the "Run as Administrator" option? Administrators should have access to change those files...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Sorry I just found out this is the wrong forum I will try the proper one.  
    I guess the moderator could delete this.
  • billsey
    No, this is the right forum for a Switch S1003. The drive is running a command prompt script to try the install, then closing the window after the error message is displayed. Try starting a command prompt in run as administrator mode, the change directory to the folder you used to extract the files. Execute the script from there and the message will stay up. Note that you do have to extract the files, trying to run the script from within the archive will not work.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Good Morning

I downloaded the Wireless Lan from the Acer site for S1003
      I copied it still zipped to the flash drive
      I copied the zipped file to the download section of the acer s1003
      I then unzipped it 
      I ran the program in administrator mode 
      I answered yes to the change command
      The black screen came up with this on it

Microsoft PnP Utility

Processing inf :       ieuinit.inf

Then it went back to the directory 
      No change to the internet connection 

So I opened the command prompt
       Went to the directory with the file in it and typed setup
       This is what it came up with

Processing inf :  bcmfn2.inf
      Adding the driver package failed : Access is denied
      Processing inf : bcmdidsdio.inf
       Adding the driver package failed : Access is denied

Using the command prompt reminds me of my old 8 bit days...

Did I miss something or do something wrong?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    When you opened the command prompt, did you choose the "Run as Administrator" option? Administrators should have access to change those files...
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ Raymond4736
    Please mention your model name of unit 
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Tks Billsey I will try that tomorrow when I get home from work, gotta get up at 3:30 so its off to bed. But it looks better every email.

Acer-Erick its a s1003
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Good afternoon

I followed you instruction and it worked great I now have internet.  Thanks for all the help Billsey getting this back on the road...
      I will try to get the rest of the things back again.  One last question do I have to do the same thing for all the downloaded drovers or will they load         automatically when I download them  
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Ok they have to be installed through the command prompt...  For once this is fun and not hair pulling. I will keep you informed as to  how this works out
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

edited January 2022
    Good day again

I have installed platform driers and wireless LAN. is there anything i have missed?  Things look ok but would like a pros opinion 

Thanks

• billsey
    Best is to fire up Device Manager and look for any errors or warnings. If you are clean there you are likely good to go.