P253 P253-M-53234 G50 win 10 - stuck in boot manager. No access to BIOS or windows

Options
1235»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your P253-M came originally with Windows 8 and an optional downgrade to Windows 7. There should be no reason why Windows 10 wouldn't run fine on it.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lochgman
    lochgman Member Posts: 52 Troubleshooter
    Options
    billsey said:
    Your P253-M came originally with Windows 8 and an optional downgrade to Windows 7. There should be no reason why Windows 10 wouldn't run fine on it.
    That's just it - it was running fine - just cannot figure out what went wrong and, more's to the point, why!
  • lochgman
    Options
    Would it be worth trying to boot Win 8 - if that's possible. Haven't tried accessing boot manager on a win10 machine so have no idea what it would look like. - Are they noticeably different? Just wondering if this is left from a previous installation - is that possible - so its not expecting Win 10 files......
  • lochgman
    edited April 8
    Options

I don't have to do anything to get into boot manager - that is the problem - no matter what key or combination of keys I press when starting - the boot manager is all  get, with 3 options - 1. HDD/SSD, 2. CD/DVD, 3. Network boot plus any other if attached before switching on, e.g. USB, all of which return a "No bootable device found - press a key which takes me back to bootmanager.
    It is almost as though it is wanting something other than Win 10, which is odd as until this started happening the P253 was working normally - booting into Win10!
    Any other suggestions - or queries
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Can you connect another hard drive or ssd to the computer? It would be interesting to check if the computer boots windows, with another hard drive or ssd.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lochgman
    Options
    Can you connect another hard drive or ssd to the computer? It would be interesting to check if the computer boots windows, with another hard drive or ssd.

Already tried with Win 10 HDD - no go! hence question re Win 8 - which I do not have, but as P253 registers USB thought it may not be happy booting to Win 10, and I think I can make Win 8 bootable USB to try - If I can get some positive feedback
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe that suggestion was to see if the BIOS was somehow locked in the EFI portion on the drive. Since you have tried using a different drive we know the issue isn't software, but in the BIOS itself. That is the primary reason I'm thinking there is a custom BIOS installed...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • lochgman
    Options
    billsey said:
    I believe that suggestion was to see if the BIOS was somehow locked in the EFI portion on the drive. Since you have tried using a different drive we know the issue isn't software, but in the BIOS itself. That is the primary reason I'm thinking there is a custom BIOS installed...
    Seller not telling - so how can I find out. Trial and error? - What could the BIOS be waiting for, or expecting to find - any clues to what program ...... Totally lost here - someone somewhere must have a fix for this - not an isolated case - it has happened before, so did they fix it? Don't even know where to look...
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    I would try to rewrite the firmware, to try to solve the problem!

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • lochgman
    Options
    I would try to rewrite the firmware, to try to solve the problem!

Would this be possible as I cannot get past boot manager - every drive registers in boot manager, (HDD,SSD,USB etc) but are not accessible.
    IF I find a suitable firmware download how will it overwrite existing - never done this before, so have no idea how - will try utube, but any advice would be great
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    You need an eeprom recorder. The ideal is to verify this possibility, with an experienced technician, because it is necessary to remove the bios chip.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• lochgman
    Options
    You need an eeprom recorder. The ideal is to verify this possibility, with an experienced technician, because it is necessary to remove the bios chip.

Neat idea - but don't think it's worth the hassle unless bios chip is plugged in and considering what I paid for it, it's age/ i5 cpu etc plus all the time we've all spent trying to sort it out already. May have to resort to consigning it to the spares bin/ebay.

I will have one last attempt with it, probably when I have more time, and going through everybodies suggestions again.

Thankyou all - if I do solve this I will try and let you all know

cheers for now