Upgrading Ram in my Laptop Nitro 5 (AN515-42

Options
NateViz
NateViz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, I've had the Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-42-R5ED) for a while and only now am I able to upgrade the ram. However, the information on the laptop is quite sparse and confusing due to it being discontinued. Currently, after running CPU-Z it says my laptop has an 8GB stick of DDR4 running at 2666MHz, but the laptop only runs at 2400MHz? The model of ram in the laptop is the ADATA A01P26KC8T1-BPXS, 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA1-11. I'm a little confused what memory I'm able to stick in my laptop... I believe the laptop supports a max of 32GB, but I only need 16GB. Any help is much appreciated

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    NateViz said:
    Hello, I've had the Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-42-R5ED) for a while and only now am I able to upgrade the ram. However, the information on the laptop is quite sparse and confusing due to it being discontinued. Currently, after running CPU-Z it says my laptop has an 8GB stick of DDR4 running at 2666MHz, but the laptop only runs at 2400MHz? The model of ram in the laptop is the ADATA A01P26KC8T1-BPXS, 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-2666V-SA1-11. I'm a little confused what memory I'm able to stick in my laptop... I believe the laptop supports a max of 32GB, but I only need 16GB. Any help is much appreciated

This is the Acer recommended memory for your AN515-42, so keep to these specs and combinations for your laptop to perform at its best, also and always pair the 2x memory modules to be of equal speed and timings to get best performance and dual channel memory. You can use the "Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the memory and SSD drive upgrades for your laptop that Crucial makes of their more up to date memory and SSD's that will work with your laptop.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    NateViz said:

This is the Acer recommended memory for your AN515-42, so keep to these specs and combinations for your laptop to perform at its best, also and always pair the 2x memory modules to be of equal speed and timings to get best performance and dual channel memory. You can use the "Crucial System Scanner that will give you all the memory and SSD drive upgrades for your laptop that Crucial makes of their more up to date memory and SSD's that will work with your laptop.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @NateViz,

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-42 Full Specifications
    RAM8GB
    RAM Slots2
    Expandable RAM up to (GB)32GB
  • NateViz
    NateViz Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    NateViz said:

Thank you!