Acer Predator Orion 3000-630 i7 11700 and rtx 3070

Options
Superjan87
Superjan87 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2021 in Predator Desktops
Hi. I got the predator orion version with i7 11700k and rtx 3070. So far im very happy with it. But i dont know to much about it..

Heard that the powersupply with 550w is too little?

I want 32gb ram, but what ram do you suggest i buy? 

Is there possible too put a liquid processor cooler in this small cabinett?

And do i lose the warranty if i open it and change or insert parts? 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Superjan87
    Superjan87 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Acer Predator Orion 3000-630 i7/16/3024/3070

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    The PSU shipped with it is just fine for the package you bought, and has enough leg room to upgrade memory and drives. Specs say "Support DDR4 1.2V 3200 U-DIMMs (4GB/8GB/16GB) dual channel up to 64GB total memory" and there is no mention of XMP support, so only buy memory that has a base speed of 3200MT/s. XMP memory usually has a much slower base, and everything will slow down to that speed. You have 16GB right now, so you should check to see if you have two 8GB cards or one 16GB before buying more. You really want to have memory paired up, so to get 32GB you will either be buying two more 8GBs or one 16GB. there are several threads here with info on what cooler upgrades work and which are a pain, so search for a bit to see whether anyone has done water cooling mods. Warranty is different for each country, but usually they don't balk at these types of modes unless you do something really stupid. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.