Rising temps Acer aspire 7 A715-75G

KillFeed
KillFeed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hey so about like 6 months ago I bought the Acer aspire 7  A715-75G (i5 10th gen,GTX 1650,8gb Ram) for casual gaming and school work...I used to play games like genshin impact,minecraft and valorant...I used to get GPU temps like from 65 to 73 never exceeded 75 degrees and as for CPU it never exceeded 80 degrees...

But recently I've started noticing that it's started to get really hot especially GPU temps even though I'm not really playing any graphically intensive games ..like for some reason whenever I visit Inazuma in genshin the GPU temps suddenly rise upto 80-83 degrees and mind you this is on the lowest settings ....
Also in valorant ..a game that is not that graphically intensive the temps reach upto 74 degrees idk why ..

It's really frustrating but idk why it happens ...is it possible for laptop fans to get dusty within like 6 months of buying or wearing off of thermal paste???

Has anybody encountered such problem?

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Hi,
    Yes, depending on your surroundings the dust buildup may have caused the increase in GPU temperatures, but I wouldn't worry too much about your temperatures at the moment because your GPU can withstand up to 92°C, when it goes above 85-90°C mark you can think of cleaning the fans and repasting.
    https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/gtx-1650/
  • Unkn
    Unkn Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    That's alright, cpu temps must be noted. i guess it would be 89-91 Degree. In that case please post temps with 1650 disabled. 
  • KillFeed
    KillFeed Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Unkn said:
    That's alright, cpu temps must be noted. i guess it would be 89-91 Degree. In that case please post temps with 1650 disabled. 
    if you are asking about cpu temps while playing..it would be around 85-90 ..never exceeded 90 though...also I tried to play Minecraft without the graphic card it was consistent 60 degree celsius ..same with CPU consistent 64 degrees
  • BBennett
    BBennett Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi I have an acer aspire A715-75G, it has been intermittently closing down, blue screen errors showing recently critical structure corruption/faulty hardware corrupted page and previously memory management . The fan comes on quite loudly and an IT guy said it’s getting really hot close to 90 degrees, scans have been run and nothing. IT guy said to go back to manufacturers as seems to be a well reported problem with this laptop, I’m out of warranty only had for over 1 year, any advice appreciated I’m really worried I’ll have to buy another, lose all my work as I only use it for my business. Any advice appreciated 
  • ASHUTOSHSINGH
    ASHUTOSHSINGH Member Posts: 2 New User

MY LAPTOP acer aspire A715-75G IS HEATING AND MADE MY BATTERIES FULL CHARGE CAPACITY FROM 48OOOMWH TO 5000MWH IN 5 MONTHS WHY??MY LAPTOP IS CURRENTALY 1.5 YEARS OLD