Upgrade TC 875 UR 15 Graphics/power supply

MRoss007
MRoss007 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I have a TC875 UR 15. Bought a GEForce 1050 graphics card and an EVGA 700w power supply, which were both recommended to me. Got these so my son could play some better games on here. 

Now im being told I cannot upgrade this computer? I know nothing. SOS send help. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @MRoss007

I think the more suitable wordings maybe "You do not NEED to upgrade this computer further". Who told you that you cannot upgrade this computer? You already did some upgrades of PSU and GPU.

Your TC-875-UR15 should have i5-10xxx CPU, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB NVMe SSD with the upgraded 1050 GPU and 700W PSU.

This configuration should be good enough for most purposes and some gaming. 

16 GB RAM is sufficent for 98%+ of the moderen games. People tried hard to find a game that may need more than 16 GB and found one a few months ago.

The 1050 is not a very powerful GPU in today's standard, but it is close to doubling the performance of the on-board UHD 630 graphics. Real very powerful GPUs can be in the range of USD $2,000, which I think is absurd to be added to a USD $500 machine.

If you insist on upgrades ( which I suppose you won't), there are still some rooms:

RAM can be increased to 32 GB

CPU can be upgraded to i7 or i9 10xxx models of higher performance

NVMe SSD can be increased to higher capacities ( but no performance increase).

Need not to say, those real expensive grahics cards.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    The only issue with upgrading it is that it uses the new style power supplies (ATX12VO) and they are scarce in the secondary market. There are two different supplies shipped with the TC-875 but they both have the same spec, 300W 12V single rail. You should be able to run a 1050 on that with no problem. They are running other systems with a 3070 and 500W and a 1050 uses a lot less. I had a 1070 in my last desktop with a 300W supply...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    edited January 2022
    MRoss007 said:
    I have a TC875 UR 15. Bought a GEForce 1050 graphics card and an EVGA 700w power supply, which were both recommended to me. Got these so my son could play some better games on here. 

Now im being told I cannot upgrade this computer? I know nothing. SOS send help. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

The TC875 UR 15 has a PSU of 300W and the GeForce 1050 requires a 250W PSU, you can also get an Acer TC-885 PSU of 500W that will fit, you don't need a 700W PSU unless you are going to upgrade the GeForce 1050 to a higher spec GPU card like the 30 series NVIDIA of the RTX-3080, as the OEM Acer PSU for your desktop is sufficient. Below are some captions to show your your TC-875's upgrade PSU and its motherboard details.

TC-885 500W PSU

TC-885 Motherboard

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @StevenGen

What @MRoss007 is after is TC-875's PSU. Another member is also interested in TC-875 motherboard diagram. It will be nice if you can come up with it.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    The MB image has been posted before, but here it is again:
    As you can see from the power connectors (#4 and 18) it uses a 12VO power supply and #6 says you need cables to get power to additional SATA devices.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.