Monitor Calibration Nitro XV272U

Options
JoeV
JoeV Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2022 in Monitors
Hello All!

I have this monitor arriving Wednesday:

Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS G-SYNC Compatible Monitor, 144Hz, 1ms VRB, VESA Certified DisplayHDR400, DCI-P3, Delta E<2

and have two questions:

I produce videos and edit still images professionally, so should I use my Color Munki monitor calibration device by X-Rite when the monitor arrives to calibrate the monitor, or is there a certain mode in the monitor menu that I can use out of the box that will be accurate for color and density for my purposes?

Also, if it is suggested to use the Color Munki device and software, which mode should the monitor be in at that point (i.e., color temp, etc)

Thanks so much!

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ JoeV

Windows. On Windows, open the Control Panel and search for "calibrate." Under Display, click on "Calibrate display color." A window will open with the Display Color Calibration tool. It steps you through the following basic image settings: gamma, brightness and contrast, and color balance.

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @ JoeV

Windows. On Windows, open the Control Panel and search for "calibrate." Under Display, click on "Calibrate display color." A window will open with the Display Color Calibration tool. It steps you through the following basic image settings: gamma, brightness and contrast, and color balance.

• JoeV
    JoeV Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thank you so much Jeyam!