Acer Aspire 3 A315-35-P84T RAM upgrade

phexxy
phexxy Member Posts: 5 New User
Can someone tell me what RAM upgrades are available for my model and maximum installable RAM please.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,781 Trailblazer
    You can install up to any two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2933MHz or faster for a maximum of 32 GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru

You can install up to any two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2933MHz or faster for a maximum of 32 GB RAM.
  • JackE
    You can install up to any two 16GB DDR4 sodimm modules 2933MHz or faster for a maximum of 32 GB RAM.

Jack E/NJ

• phexxy
    Thanks for the info guys, one more question is it worth upgrading past 16gb for gaming? 
  • phexxy
    Though I wonder if the processor is powerful enough to handle modern games. 
  • JackE
    Sorry, this is not considered a gaming machine due to the limitations of an integrated GPU. While more RAM will allow more memory to be shared as VRAM, it is not as fast as a separate or discrete GPU with dedicated VRAM. 

Jack E/NJ

• phexxy
    Is it worth upgrading to 16gb then or just buy a new laptop, currently play Wot but would like to play some fps even with low graphics. As I understand my model laptop cannot change the processor? 
  • JackE
    edited December 2021
    16GB will help gaming by sharing more as VRAM.  But not as much compared to a dedicated GPU with it's own VRAM. The CPU/GPU is a soldered chip on the mainboard and cannot be changed. More RAM mainly allows for more apps/programs to be opened at any one time and react fast to calculations, text input, etc But not so much to increasing video refresh rates and frames/per/second (FPS) needed to run the latest GPU power hungry games. If your main interest is serious gaming, then yes, unload this laptop and look for something else with a separate discrete GPU with at least 4GB dedicated VRAM.

Jack E/NJ

• phexxy
    Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, I will consider what to do. I'm not the most technically minded. I think as long as I can continue to play WOT at 60FPS and play most RTS games (specs depending) I may add a little more RAM for a small boost. Not ready for a new laptop/desktop just yet.
  • JackE
    >>>I may add a little more RAM for a small boost.>>>

Good luck. Hopefully the small gaming boost will be noticeable to you. :)

Jack E/NJ