Can Acer Aspire XC-340 install additional SATA HDD?

slthong
slthong Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi Guys, I just bought an Acer Aspire XC-340-3250W10 R3-3250U/4GB/256B SSD, and want to add on additional SATA HDD, but this model motherboard doesn't come with any power supply for SATA HDD. only two SATA connector on motherboard which is HDD & ODD. 
please advise.
Thanks

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    slthong said:
    Hi Guys, I just bought an Acer Aspire XC-340-3250W10 R3-3250U/4GB/256B SSD, and want to add on additional SATA HDD, but this model motherboard doesn't come with any power supply for SATA HDD. only two SATA connector on motherboard which is HDD & ODD. 
    please advise.
    Thanks

You need to buy a SATA power and data cable for the XC-340 desktop, the list below is for the XC-105 and the XC-885 which should be the same as your XC-340 but have a look at these cables as most of them are SATA cables with a straight plug and a 90˚ plug type (like these) so check yours out and buy a stadard cable to suit, it will be cheaper.

Aspire XC-105

Aspire XC-885

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The HDD/ODD power cable for your XC-340 is 50.B64D1.001, not the number used on those other two. My guess is it's a little longer than those, but it could be shorter. :) The HDD/ODD power cable plugs into that white connector at the edge of the motherboard near the SATA ports. BTW, you can put a SSD in on there instead of a HDD, it will be faster and not a whole bunch more expensive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,452 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    slthong said:
    please advise.
    Thanks

You need to buy a SATA power and data cable for the XC-340 desktop, the list below is for the XC-105 and the XC-885 which should be the same as your XC-340 but have a look at these cables as most of them are SATA cables with a straight plug and a 90˚ plug type (like these) so check yours out and buy a stadard cable to suit, it will be cheaper.

Aspire XC-105

Aspire XC-885

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The HDD/ODD power cable for your XC-340 is 50.B64D1.001, not the number used on those other two. My guess is it's a little longer than those, but it could be shorter. :) The HDD/ODD power cable plugs into that white connector at the edge of the motherboard near the SATA ports. BTW, you can put a SSD in on there instead of a HDD, it will be faster and not a whole bunch more expensive.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.