Not enough space y Acer one 10 D16H1

Raymond4736
Raymond4736 Member Posts: 21

Tinkerer

edited December 2021 in Tablets
My Acer one 10 is locked in automatic repair loop.  I tried the "Reset this PC" in both keep and remove files.  It keeps telling me I need more space to do this. Since Im locked in this repair loop I cant do that. Ive searched the internet and tried different things and nothing seems to work.  I use this to listen to audio books so there is no files on it that cant be replaced.  How do I get my little computer back to get back to listening to my books?

Answers

• My Acer one 10 is locked in automatic repair loop.  I tried the "Reset this PC" in both keep and remove files.  It keeps telling me I need more space to do this. Since Im locked in this repair loop I cant do that. Ive searched the internet and tried different things and nothing seems to work.  I use this to listen to audio books so there is no files on it that cant be replaced.  How do I get my little computer back to get back to listening to my books?
    Which Acer one 10 model number do you have? 
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

The model number on the back is D16H1
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,681 Trailblazer
    There should be a different model number, usually on the sticker that has your SN and SNID. It might be something like S100x-xxxx... In order to break out of the loop you are going to need to fix whatever is wrong. Typically that is accomplished by using a Windows install flash drive, booting into repair mode, then figuring out what is wrong and fixing it. It can be a daunting task... Once it is booting again you can use Disk Cleanup with the clean system files option set, to clear enough space for big updates. Which OS is running on it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

edited December 2021
    We are running windows 10  Here is the only other numbers on the case

I will check the internet for the Windows install flash drive
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Sorry forgot to say thanks for your help
  • billsey
    Keep us informed as you progress and let us know if you run into any snags.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

What happened to the numbers I found on the case?  they seem to have disappeared 
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Would this be what Im looking for?

MCT will currently create a USB for Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1288 is currently available for download using this option as of October 30, 2021.
  • billsey
    Likely a moderator deleted them. You don't want to post the full SN or SNID, just the first ten digits of the SN if you can't read the model number.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Thanks billsey I will remember that for the future
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Would this be what Im looking for?

MCT will currently create a USB for Windows 10 version 21H1 build 19043.1288 is currently available for download using this option as of October 30, 2021.
    Just saw the 10 in the post, darn I will continue to look for the download
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Sorry ignore previous post, it was a busy day.
  • billsey
    IIRC the version of Windows you want can be anything up to the current rev (21H2), but should be the 32bit version, not the 64bit, unless your system has 4GB of ram, then you want the 64bit version. The 32bit version is smaller on the disk, but only supports under 4GB. Try this link instead of the one above:

• Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Thanks I will download it and see what happens.

I restarted it with the flash drive in the usb port and it loaded windows setup with the language to install hightlighted. I get no response from touching the screen or hitting the return key. It just sits like its locked up. At least its better than seeing the repair loop I guess.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Good morning.   While trying different keys I guess I touched the finger pad at the bottom and the cursor showed up and moved. I will try to install now and see what happens
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

I have 4 partitions.
      1  100 mb 39 mb free  Cannot install this partition is EFI system partition   System
      2    16 mb 16 mb free  Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted in NTFS.
                                   Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. The partition is an EFI system partition (ESP)   MSR (reserved)
      3    20 gb 1.7 gb free There needs to be at least 6965 mb of free space on this partition.
                                     Free up space on this partition or select another partition   Primary
      4     1 gb 705 mb free windows cannot be installed to this hard drive space. The partition is recovery partition   Recovery

There is a command to format. Could I format partition 3 and install there? Not sure and dont want to mess this up.
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Hmm no reply so I will try to format partition 3 and install windows when I get home, keep fingers crossed that I made the right choice...hehehe
  • Raymond4736

Tinkerer

Update.

Got windows installed.  I dont have a touch screen anymore and its asking for drivers for to set up the internet.  How would I go about getting the missing touch screen and the drivers for the internet. I will go to acer website and see what I come up with or is there another way?
  • billsey
    Delete each of the existing partitions and then install in the unallocated space. That lets Windows build the smallest needed partitions and gives you the largest C: drive. Download drivers from Acer for anything that's not working, though once you get the network up you might be able to get most of them through Windows Update and the optional updates section. You do really have to have the internet working for that. :)