Upgrade to windows 11 disappeared from my Predator Helios 300 PH315-54

Options
Aditya_Rautan
Aditya_Rautan Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2021 in Windows 11
I purchased Predator Helios 300 PH315-54 Laptop on 13 oct but didn't upgraded to windows 11 cause windows 11 was vey new at that time and there were too many bugs. I thought of upgarding the laptop to windows 11 in the starting of december. But the upgrade option has disappeared. After few days, a coming soon message is shown in the update area which keeps on disappearing and reappering again and again, but the upgrade option is still now showing. I don't want to upgrade in any other way else I will Lose my data. Please Help. I have attached the screen shot also.

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Aditya_Rautanhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows11 you can just download Windows 11 Installation Assistant. This upgrade will keep data.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Impervious
    Impervious Member Posts: 50 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options
    Don't update! 
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ Aditya_Rautan
    Sooner or later, it's better to take a backup of your data now itself as your in safer side 
  • Aditya_Rautan
    Aditya_Rautan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Aditya_Rautanhttps://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows11 you can just download Windows 11 Installation Assistant. This upgrade will keep data.
    but there's a safeguard hold saying Intel SST audio controller driver version is not supported which might cause BSODs and contact the OEM for the driver Update. But it's been a long time, I haven't received the update nor Acer Released it.
    Acer-Erick said:
    Hi @ Aditya_Rautan
    Sooner or later, it's better to take a backup of your data now itself as your in safer side 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Exactly, they pulled the model from the push list due to issues with some of the drivers. They will offer it again when the issues have been resolved. You can do a manual update now, but be prepared for glitches. It's better to wait until Microsoft pushes it out again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Aditya_Rautan

I always suggest people to backup their data first before doing something drastic. Before upgrading my Acer laptop from Win 10 to Win 11, I have created  system image backup from Win 10 and by Macrium Reflect ( actually two different backup images). Luckily, just some minor bugs encountered and I went to the Win 11 update page right away to get the updates. No restoring from image(s) needed.

Would recommend you to get an extra external HDD or another SSD with external adapter and do the same for at least one image.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    16GB flash and microSDs are quite inexpensive now. For notebooks I create a Recovery Disk (Windows option) with system files on a microSD and tape to the lid before doing any major operations.