Help- C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Aspire N19H2.

Options
Outoftoon
Outoftoon Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2022 in Windows 11
Getting this error message and can't start my laptop. 
Have/had Windows 10 Pro and think an update to Windows 11 has caused this issue.
Have an Acer Aspire N19H2.
Can anyone help?

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @Outoftoon

If you think Windows 11 caused the problem, then revert the updates back to Win 10, by holding down ALT key and keep tapping the F10 key at bootup until you see the Restore Menu.

Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Uninstall Updates.

Right after I have the Win 11 installed, I got some problems but I went to the Windows Updates right away, and the problem was gone.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The reference to C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt is just the error log from an attempt at automatically repairing a boot problem. I assume there's something else that causes the actual problem. What happens before you are directed to the log file?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • jjh9454
    jjh9454 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Help computer frozen at windows recovery and I have tried so many suggestions I cannot get it released. There has to be an answer for us in US.I have SF113-31
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    Yes: use the recovery drive you created before moving to Win 11 to return to Win 10.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please start a new thread for your question. You have a different computer than this thread addresses so the process of getting it working will be different as well. Include the full model number (SF113-31-xxxx), what you are seeing and what you have tried so far.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.