Should there be a USB dongle with the keyboard mouse and computer

Options
Alison56
Alison56 Member Posts: 1 New User
I have just purchased an all in one acer. There is no wireless dongle with it. Should there be?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    If it came with a wireless keyboard and mouse, then yes. Typically the dongle is in the mouse near the batteries.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    Options
    Alison56 said:
    I have just purchased an all in one acer. There is no wireless dongle with it. Should there be?

You haven’t told us if the keyboard and mouse work wirelessly??? As if they do then don’t worry about a dongle as it must be built in, if the keyboard and mouse don’t work then there is an addition of a plug in USB dongle and you should have it supplied by Acer, so contact Acer support and tell them if its missing.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @Alison56,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• Punter1955
    Punter1955 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have a all in one Z24-880. The wireless keyboard has stopped suddenly while typing, but the mouse is still working. I have changed the batteries, given it shake. Still no life, any ideas? 
  • BassOrWhat
    BassOrWhat Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Same issue with SK-9662 keyboard and SN-9662 mouse. I don't see where the dongle can be stored in mouse. Do I need to open the mouse up?
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    BassOrWhat

I understand you would like to know whether the  SK-9662 keyboard and SN-9662 mouse was shipped with usb dongle. 

Please provide the exact model of your computer.    We need to check whether it is having the wifi capability for wireless keyboard and wireless mouse to work. 

Please check the instruction manual of keyboard and mouse for dongle and batteries.     Please also check the information on package contents.    Otherwise contact the place where you have purchased this product.     Does it came along with the computer or you have purchased it separately. 

If your device is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★