XC 1660 - 2nd Screen using HDMI.

TheKing
TheKing Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi For XC 1660 (window 11), my first screen is DVI and i tried to include the second screen using HDMI. It mentioned that cannot detect 2nd screen. Pls assist.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @TheKing

Is your XC-1660 comes with two HDMI ports? That should be the standard configuration.
  • TheKing
    @ttttt yes with 1 dvi and 2 hdmi ports
  • TheKing
    @ttttt
     dvi ok but hdmi 1 or 2 both cannot detect for 2nd screen 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    I'm wondering if the HDMI unit works OK if it is the only monitor that is connected ?
  • ttttt
    @TheKing

I am surprised that your XC-1660 has 1 DVI and 2 HDMI ports. As you have not given the full model number, well! maybe some XC-1660 models have such a configuration.

I had old PCs using PCIe 2.0 interface graphics cards that the manufacturers explicitly warned that the DVI port and HDMI ports cannot be used at the same time, and it turned out to be true. Not sure PCIe 3.0 graphics cards have such restriction (probably not, don't see many people complaint about such problem). If what you have is a xc-1660G-uw93 using 11th gen Intel CPU, then the motherboard maybe a PCIe 4.0 one.

How about trying to use a DVI to HDMI adapter or just use the two HDMI ports for video outputs?
  • TheKing
    @Larryodie @ttttt I tried either hdmi to one screen only or 2 hdmi to 2 screens. not able to connect as well. hence using DVI (laptop) to hdmi (Screen).

Model DESKTOP-7T99LTN
    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11400 @ 2.60GHz   2.59 GHz
    Thanks for the comments.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Your full model number is likely on the sticker that has the SN and SNID. It should be something like XC-1660-xxxx. If the back of your computer looks like this, you probably have a XC-1660G which has a discrete GPU installed. In that case both monitors have to connect to the GPU, the onboard video ports are disabled when there is a GPU card installed.
    (See the DVI port and HDMI port just below numbers 3, 6 and 7?)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rockdude
    rockdude Member Posts: 3 New User
    I just bought this unit.  It has only two HDMI connections and it will not detect a second monitor.  It has no ports at the bottom like the computer pictured.
    This is getting frustrating.  Anyone with any ideas/
  • ttttt
    @rockdude

I am surprised that " It has no ports at the bottom like the computer pictured". Can you attach a photo for the back of your PC ? 

Just exactly what is the full model number of your PC?