I did a reset on my Acer Aspire A115-32- locked out now wrong password??

Options
Lindadianne
Lindadianne Member Posts: 5 New User
I did a reset on my laptop and can’t get past the start screen now due to it said wrong passcode and wrong password and when I answer my security questions it says they are wrong. What do I do? 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,696 Trailblazer
    Options
    What method was used to reset?

Jack E/NJ

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    Did you try not entering a password ? Just leave it blank. Are you talking about the BIOS login or the Windows login ?
  • Lindadianne
    Options
    The screen that comes up as soon as you turn it on. I always entered a pin before the reset and it give me that option 1 time and said it was the wrong pin and then asked for the password and I entered the password and it says that is wrong and for me to answer security questions to reset my password and when I answer my security questions it says i have a wrong answer and I can’t get passed that.
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options
    That sounds like the Windows login. When you give it a wrong password, it should display a hint. Do you recognize it ? Otherwise you will have to call Acer Customer Service
  • JackE
    Options
    What method was used to reset?

Jack E/NJ

• Lindadianne
    Options
    Erase everything and reinstall windows was what I thought.
  • Lindadianne
    Options
    I’ve had a lot of problems with it and I’m not the greatest with computers. I was removed as administrator and not totally sure how that happened but I had very limited access to the files. In the browser under my settings icon it would say trusted installer. 
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>In the browser under my settings icon it would say trusted installer>>>

Which browser? Edge? FireFox? Chrome? InternetExplorer? Opera? If you're actually using a browser, you're already logged in to Windows at least as a guest user.

Jack E/NJ

• Lindadianne
    Options
    I’m sorry this is an issue I was having before the reset. I need to solve one problem before I ask about another. I’m sending scim sending screenshots of what shows on my screen 
  • JackE
    Options
    If these are the screens that were presented immediately after the reset, and none of the passwords or challenge questions work, then it was probably only a partial reset.

Try this.
    (1) Shut the machine off, Turn it back on again and immediately start tapping the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu.
    (2) In the BIOS Main tab make sure the F12 and D2D options are turned on.
    (3) In the BIOS Security tab, set and save a BIOS supervisor passwork. Don't forget it!!!
    (4) Save settings and exit the BIOS menu.
    (5) Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately start tapping the F2 key again to enter the BIOS menu with your supervisor password.
    (6) In the BIOS Boot tab, disable secure boot. Then save settings and exit the BIOS menu again.
    (7) Shut the machine off again. Then turn it back on and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key.
    (8) A reset menu should appear similar to what you used before to allow a full erase everything factory reset.

Jack E/NJ