Windows 11 licensee Expiration

WaleedMessouri
WaleedMessouri Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi

I bought an AcerAspire laptop for six months ago. The laptop came with Microsoft Windows 10 installed and worked fine. Around 10 October, I have installed windows 11 using a file called Win11_English_x64 which I downloaded from Microsoft site. The laptop worked fine tills one week ago, I got a message which says Your Windows license will expire soon as shown with attached picture 1. I looked to activation state in my computer which shows active as shown in attached picture 2. The expiration message comes every time I start the computer and it is very irritated to me. I have tried to reset my laptop and return back to windows 10 but unfortunately always I came back to windows 11 resetting. I will be grateful for your help for disabling the expiration message.

Best Regards

Walid

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    What version of windows 10 came intstalled? You could try forcing windows to re-activate by opening cmd as an admin (start -> cmd -> right click the icon -> run as admin) and then typing:

slmgr.vbs -ato

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/it-pro/windows-server-2012-r2-and-2012/dn502540(v=ws.11)

This causes windows to re-read the key stored in the UEFI and try to activate it
  • WaleedMessouri
    Thanks for your answer, I have tried but it does not work
  • Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Oh no :( does it give you any errors? 

And do you have the full model and the type of windows 10 it was before, it could be that the widowows install was a home single language , or a windows education license maybe 

Third thing to try is using SLM to re enter your license key 

slmgr.vbs ipk licence-key-here

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    I find slmgr /dlv and slmgr /xpr to be more useful but be careful, slmgr can erase your keys.
  • WaleedMessouri
    Thanks for your reply. I have tried the command slmgr.vbs ipk, but it does not work. My windows 10 came with acer laptop when I bought it, Information about my windows is in the attached picture.
    Best regards

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    edited December 2021
    Be very glad ipk did not work. As mentioned slmgr /dlv and slmgr /xpr (note slashes) will tell you what you need to know without changing anything. Just enter slmgr by itself to get a few help pages.

BTW I suspect it means that the PC has a license but it has not been registered with Microsoft (Activated). Win 11 moved things around so is now under System This is what it looks like when Activated (down arrow by "Active").