Aspire E5-511P-P1QH Unable to find 15.33.53.5161 VGA Driver

wilyumio
wilyumio Member Posts: 4 New User
I have been trying to find the latest VGA Driver (15.33.53.5161) for my E5-511P, but the latest one on the Acer website is 10.18.13.5350 .  I have been able to find the 15.33.53.5161 driver on the Intel website, but was unable to install it and was directed to install one by the computer manufacturer - Acer.  Where would I be able to find a version of this driver able to be installed on my computer?

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,717 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @wilyumio then download the zip file. Extract it. Then follow the manual updating the graphics driver here. The graphics driver file is in the Graphics folder if I'm not mistaken.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Generally for the older Intel graphics chips it's best not to install the newer versions as you may find it messes up the display through losing control of the brightness or other random issues. It's only recently Intel has made an effort to move to a more standard graphics update mechanism. I'd strongly recommend not updating it! 

If you do, you can just click thought the warning, but make sure you have kept a system restore point to roll back to If it does go wrong!
  • wilyumio
    Leostat said:
    Generally for the older Intel graphics chips it's best not to install the newer versions as you may find it messes up the display through losing control of the brightness or other random issues. It's only recently Intel has made an effort to move to a more standard graphics update mechanism. I'd strongly recommend not updating it! 

If you do, you can just click thought the warning, but make sure you have kept a system restore point to roll back to If it does go wrong!
    Sorry for the late reply, but how would I go about forcing it to update?  There is no option to force my computer to use the Intel driver, and I the guides I have found online to make my computer use the Intel driver haven't worked.
  • AnhEZ28
    edited May 2022
    @wilyumio try this latest driver from Intel here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/18606/intel-graphics-driver-for-windows-15-33.html?wapkw=intel hd graphics for intel atom processor z3700 series
    Try both the .exe and .zip files. If you encounter some issues during normal use, you can go back to the Acer driver. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • wilyumio
    @AnhEZ28 I appreciate you trying to help, but I have already tried that multiple times.  I have no option to force it to install, and am met with the below window, with clicking "Yes" bringing me to this website.  I have tried to do the clean install instructions provided on the website, but to no avail.  What do you reccomend I do?
  • AnhEZ28
    Answer ✓
    @wilyumio then download the zip file. Extract it. Then follow the manual updating the graphics driver here. The graphics driver file is in the Graphics folder if I'm not mistaken.
  • wilyumio
    edited May 2022
    @AnhEZ28 Thank you!