Camera not working Predator 315-53

bynesa
bynesa Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Please help,
after updating to win 11, camera isn't working any more. 
Couldn't find the driver for it on acers site, and i have no idea who is the manufacturer of the camera to check on their site.
Any help would be very appreciated .
the error code my windows shows is 0xA00FX4244 No cameras are  attached

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    That typically means there is an issue with the internal USB port the camera sits on. Is the microphone working?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bynesa

Tinkerer

Hello, thanks for the quick reply.
    The microphone is working.
    Only the camera isn't 
  • Is your model PT315-53 or PH315-53? Does the problem also occur here? https://pt.webcamtests.com/
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • bynesa

Tinkerer

PT315-53
    Problem also persists on for mentioned website. It says web camera is PushDesktopFilter  and mirrors my screen, no sign of my camera.
    Comp is one month old and came with win 10 (everything worked OK). I decided to upgrade to win 11 (as it suggested) and test to see if all of my work programs will work, they all worked without hitch, did not notice the camera isn't working till yesterday, when I had a teams meeting. Unfortunately its been more than 10 days from upgrade and I cannot revert to win10 without loosing all my work stuff! Hopefully you'll be able to help me to get camera running again.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bynesa

Tinkerer

Hello thanx for the reply.
    This may sound a little stupid, but, how to install it?
    i tried running setup driver.cmd and it successfully installed drivers, but when i check in the device manager it still shows error.
    When i try to update drivers and tell it to look in the folder, it writes that the best drivers are already installed. what am i doing wrong?
    Thanks for your patience.
  • bynesa

Tinkerer

I looked on line, after trying to install new driver (select from my comp) USB video device, it shows an error.... it cannot start this device because its configuration information is incomplete or damaged (code 19)
  • billsey
    You installed it correctly, it's just that it wasn't different. Try also doing the chipset driver, uninstall from Device Manager and reinstall using the version Acer has online. The issue is the data coming through the internal USB port that services the camera is garbled. That means the system as a whole can't figure out what the camera is trying to say, so it throws the error. If the chipset driver doesn't fix it, the next step is to remove all the USB connector and USB controller drivers and let them reinstall automatically on a reboot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bynesa

Tinkerer

How to uninstall chipset driver (since it's not one driver)? I tried just installing the new drivers from acer (without uninstalling, the old ones ), but noting happened. The camera still isn't working.
  • billsey
    Do the USB connector and USB controller drivers from Device Manager.
  • bynesa

Tinkerer

did that, nothing happened. Tried also installing intel chipset drivers from intel official site and than uninstalling usb drivers , unfortunately nothing. Running out of ideas, and it looks like you guys are too. 
    Really hope i can get it running again.

• Is the camera showing up as a hidden device?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bynesa

Tinkerer

It sees camera, it's not hidden. No new hardware is shown when i click show hidden device.
    (don't look at the imaging devices, it's showing error because it's a network printer at my home, not at the office)

• what is the error code?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bynesa

Tinkerer

The other error has gone!

• bynesa

Tinkerer

sorry it's not gone it was just hidden and says " Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer."
  • Does the same problem occur when uninstalling and DELETING these two drivers?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bynesa

Tinkerer

Yes, after i delete them, the camera doesn't work, and when i restart the comp the same error is shown.

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,716 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• bynesa

Tinkerer

This worked!! 
    unfortunatly some of my programs got deleted during the reinstall. I'll have some work to do during the holidays. 
    BUT, on the + side, my camera is working again!!!
    Thank you egydiocoelho
    Marry Christmas and a happy holidays to all you guys and girls !!!! :)