How to install a Noctua NH -D9L on the Predator Orion 3000?

Options
Heartpox
Heartpox Member Posts: 4 New User
Hey guys!

I recently purchased a noctua NH - D9L based off another post in these forums... I need some help in putting it in though. I think there is a bracket that needs to be installed on the back of the motherboard?
and I am not sure how to access it? Is it possible to be done without removing the motherboard?? I bought a prebuilt so I did not have to deal with these things (I also am a noob at it), but it is sad that my cpu temps are hitting 90 on load on a computer that I just bought yesterday. Please guys, any help would be appreciated

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options
    Heartpox said:
    Hey guys!

I recently purchased a noctua NH - D9L based off another post in these forums... I need some help in putting it in though. I think there is a bracket that needs to be installed on the back of the motherboard?
    and I am not sure how to access it? Is it possible to be done without removing the motherboard?? I bought a prebuilt so I did not have to deal with these things (I also am a noob at it), but it is sad that my cpu temps are hitting 90 on load on a computer that I just bought yesterday. Please guys, any help would be appreciated

If your PC is under warranty then don't open it and/or modify it as your warranty will be voided. My advice to you is to phone Acer for a solution about your high temps and if fitting an aftermarket CPU cooler will void your warranty (which it will) but just try that first and if they will fit this cooler for you? With the installation of the NH - D9L download the manual or watch the installation video as you definitely have to replace the back plate as its shown in the manual and follow the LGA 1200 socket installation for your CPU with this cooler.

• WokeCthulhu
    WokeCthulhu Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

I have this CPU cooler installed on a Nitro N50-640. You will 100% have to remove the entire motherboard from the case and then pry off the glued backplate. They are not designed with upgrades in mind. You will find similar issues if you attempt to upgrade your powersupply- you'll find out that your motherboard is not compatible with any modular types because of a proprietary 6 pin power connector. Disappointing to say the least- especially when its sold as a "gaming machine" and has heat issues out of the box. Not to mention lack of precise fan control… or ability to add RBG or ARBG…

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options

Actually, you 100% don't need to pull the motherboard or remove the stock backplate. You only need slightly different length screws to use the stock backplate with the Noctua coolers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.