Acer Aspire TC-780-AM11 Upgrade

ender191
ender191 Member Posts: 1 New User
Looking to upgrade the Graphics and processor on my Acer Aspire TC-780-AM11. Processor needs upgraded for Windows 11, and I'd like to  just have better graphics for most on-line games. looking to spend around 200-600$

Product Details

Manufacturer: Acer

Series: Aspire TC

Model: TC-780-AM11

Processor: Intel Core i3-7100 @3.90

Speed: 3.90GHz

Video Card: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630

Video Memory: Shared

RAM: 8GB DDR4

Hard Drive: 1TB, Toshiba (HDD)

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

Answers

• @ender191

I saw the specifications of your computer.   I see that you are ready to spend close to $600...

I suggest you to get a brand new computer instead of going for a processor or gpu upgrade.. 

You get a brand new computer with i5 processor , free win 11 upgrade ( check with store ) , 8 gb ram , 512 gb ssd close to $530...

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer
    You can't upgrade the processor on that model to one that Windows 11 supports, so as suggested you likely should be looking at new hardware if you have to have W11 for some reason. The big upgrade, low cost side of things is to put a SSD in and convert the HDD to a data drive. That would significantly speed things up and might leave you comfortable with longer term use of W10.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @ender191

Your TC-780-AM11 just fell one genreration behind the 8th generation CPU W11 requirements, will need to replace both the motherboard and CPU to comply with Win 11. These are significant costs of a typical PC.

Also, TC-780 wasn't designed as a gaming PC, in terms of PSU wattage, PC case size and PC case ventilation for cooling (enough case fan slots).

If I were you who must play some modern games, I'll invest another USD $200 to get an entry level gaming PC ( probably one with GTX 1050-ti GPU, 10th gen Intel CPU, probably i5-10400F CPU and get it at sale price).

Graphics cards nowadays are expensive ( price significantly increased from a couple years ago), and that is a must for heavy gaming. Should I decide to build a decent gaming PC myself, that will still has to be close to USD $900.
  • EltonNoway
    EltonNoway Member Posts: 1 New User

I realize this is an old thread... but during my research into upgrading my TC-780 to win 11... I stumbled across this thread. As many of us have discovered, the limitations of the motherboard prevents us from upgrading to an 8th gen or later processor.

Anyway... regards to the last comment and building a gaming PC. "If" you're not up to the challenge of building a PC and you want to game, there is currently a pretty sweet deal at Walmart ... for only 649 dollars. Search the walmartsite for Model TG01-1183w . Heck, the current retail price alone on the included RTX 3060 graphics card is over 300 dollars!

HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop, with Intel Core i5-10400F, Nvidia GeForce 12GB RTX 3060 graphics card, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD and Windows 11

If you're not a fan of Intel they also have several sweet AMD variants... like their model TG01-2003w for only 490 dollars!