WIn 8 can't log user (user already die ) Aspire M1935

sauffie
sauffie Member Posts: 4 New User
edited December 2021 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
Hi, good day, i have big problem.

one of our staff die and he forget to unlock his windows 8 account in Aspire M1935 . preinstalled with win 8.

So how come we reformat again into factory setting?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @sauffie

That is not the end of the world if you just want to reformat the drive without worrying about slavaging the data inside.

Try this first:
    When boot up, during black screen, hold down the ALT key and keep tapping the F10 key until you see it entering the Restore Menu. There is an option to reset the PC to factory condition.

If your PC do not have such ALT+F10 option:

Use a Windows Repair Disc, and when bootup, keep tapping the F12 key to reach the Boot Menu. Select to boot from the repair DVD, once booted up, it will be just like the ALT+F10 and you have the choice to reset PC.
    See if your staff had the repair disc or the initial installation disks somewhere around. If not, I believe you can create the repair disc from another similar machine. Or people will pay USD $40 to get an Acer repair disk (which I don't think it is really better than repair disc self created).

If the PC originally came with Win 8 installed when new, you probably have the Windows license key embedded in the motherboard. I suggest you to download a Win 10 latest version from Microsoft site with their Media Creation Tool to a flash drive and then boot to this flash drive and make a fresh installation of Win 10 to the PC. This will wipe clean the original Win 8.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @sauffie,

Did you try what ttttt is suggested. That's the method to format the unit to factory reset. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    With some of the older systems, and this one qualifies as older, the Alt-F10 features have not been included in the BIOS. In that case you really have to have a recovery image to go back to factory. If you have another of the same systems you likely can create a recovery image on it, then recover this one from it. After the recovery you can then do a refresh to get it cleaned up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • sauffie
    Easwar said:
    Hi @sauffie,

Did you try what ttttt is suggested. That's the method to format the unit to factory reset. 
    Still cannot
  • sauffie
    Easwar said:
    Hi @sauffie,

Cannot, no ALt F10 menu.
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ sauffie
    As @ttttt suggested did you try windows 10 media creation tool. if not try the below link 
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10 
  • sauffie
    Larryodie said:
    Will try later