How to fix an Acer laptop that takes so long to boot up?

AlvinSmith
AlvinSmith Member Posts: 1 New User
I was about to restart my laptop, but all of sudden, it takes me to another window that says that the Windows Boot Manager can't boot Windows 11. I tried holding the power button to shut it down. Then I turn it on but shows me the circling loading icon on a black screen, it takes forever to boot but nothing showed up.

Answers

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    If you start the computer you can immediately shut (black screen) by holding the power button down for several seconds. Repeat three times and the repair screen will open. Should have a number of options under "Troubleshooting".
  • padgett
    If you have an SD card slot, try removing the card.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @AlvinSmith,

May I know the full model name of your unit.

• padgett
    OK what "Windows Boot Manager can't boot Windows 11" means is the BIOS did its duties and reached out to a program on the disk, bootx64.efi, to continue. This is part of the UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) which is a mini OS that runs on top of the BIOS and loads the target OS. This error means the UEFI cannot find an OS to boot and probably needs to be repaired. Did you make a recovery drive ?
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @AlvinSmith,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds.