Acer Nitro 5 Problem

Tobias98
Tobias98 Member Posts: 4 New User
Recently I have been using my laptop again. All has been fine and it’s been working as normal. No heavy use just work related things. 

I went away for the weekend and come back to turn it on. I’m met with a black screen on boot up with no options and then (image posted).

my first guess was a ram error but I’m not too sure. Don’t know how the screen could have even broke if it is broken because I’ve not been here to use it and as I said it was fine hours before I left. 

Any help would be really appreciated, Thanks

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ Tobias98
    ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.
  • Tobias98
    Hi @ Tobias98
    ch​eck if there is a pin 📌hole at the bottom of the unit. Put a small pin inside and press and hold the pin for 30sec.  If there is no pin hole then press the power button for 12sec. Remember to remove your charger when you do that.
    Hi Erick thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately there is only the battery release pin hole I can see. And I tried holding the power button and it does boot into automatic repair but then immediately goes back on the the pixel mess that shows up. 
  • Tobias98
    Just to reply incase anyone has the same issue I’ve found it. 

It was a faulty RAM stick. Now running on half the power and it doesn’t like it but Atleast it’s turning on 😂 

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,174 Pathfinder
    edited December 2021
    Tobias98

I am glad it is working..   Is everything ok...   Please let us know if you have any issues..     Are you still using the same  ram stick.    Is it removed..   Did you try to recheck it again by inserting the same ram stick..    If the computer is working fine with the same ram stick then it might not be the memory issue..   Kindly check it..    Sometimes if the memory is not inserted properly you might get a faulty display with lines.. 

Incase if you would like to purchase a compatible ram.. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.         

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Tobias98
    Tobias98

I am glad it is working..   Is everything ok...   Please let us know if you have any issues..     Are you still using the same  ram stick.    Is it removed..   Did you try to recheck it again by inserting the same ram stick..    If the computer is working fine with the same ram stick then it might not be the memory issue..   Kindly check it..    Sometimes if the memory is not inserted properly you might get a faulty display with lines.. 

Incase if you would like to purchase a compatible ram.. 

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below.  The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below.  There is an option to  "start your scan "  and " select your computer " .  Please chose the options and try it.  It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide.  We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options.  You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.         

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Yes I’ve tried putting it back in and it won’t boot anymore so I’ve just got the one in. 

Thanks for the links I’ll defiantly be buying a replacement. 

Thankyou